new evga Z68 boards

mdmikep

Limp Gawd
I happened to look at this at evga's web site. I havent seen any reviews around for it, but it looks like it has a lot of interesting features. Some are a bit of flash, but some look really useful. Having the voltage adjustment and temp display in a 5 1/4 looks pretty cool.

below is a link to a pdf on the FTW board. A 299 price tag isnt bad either.

http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/160-SB-E689.pdf

Ahhhhh very nice! I love EVGA boards. I've had them in my last two builds. I had the X58 FTW version, and it was a monster.

I'm looking to rebuild my system in the next few months, and I plan on getting one of these.

What is the release date on these?

Last edited:
That is really cool, I was just wondering what people think of EVGA boards. I have had a couple boards by Gigabyte and Asus that I am not all that happy with so I may look at another vendor.

I really like my EVGA P67 SLI board. It has been 100% solid for me. No issues at all.

Not only do they have quality boards, but there support and service is outstanding. And the lifetime warranty it nice.

Anyone find out a release data on this FTW board?

I just went over to the EVGA forums, apparently it's available very soon, like Aug. 21.

That thing looks badass! I can't wait to get one. But I won't have the funds for my rebuild until Oct.

I just went over to the EVGA forums, apparently it's available very soon, like Aug. 21.

That thing looks badass! I can't wait to get one. But I won't have the funds for my rebuild until Oct.

Thanks for checking into that, Motley. Shoot, I'm debating getting this and letting it sit for close to half a year until I can scrape up enough scratch for the rest of my build. Nah, I'll wait... Probably be a bit cheaper by then even I'd there's nothing better out from other brands by then.

EVGA is overrated. All of their MB's are made by Foxconn.

Not to put Foxconn down, they can make quality goods provided specifications from the purchasing company I.E. Apple iPhone.

EVGA is overrated. All of their MB's are made by Foxconn.

Not to put Foxconn down, they can make quality goods provided specifications from the purchasing company I.E. Apple iPhone.

a lot of companies products are typically made by either of the two largest oem integrators: foxconn or asus. quality issues are not because either of those two make them, it's to the level of quality they are told to make them too on an individual contract basis.

IOW, it's exactly what you just said: built to customer spec.

I wish they would come with 4 6.0 sata III ports instead of 2.

Well that is really down to Intel's chipset only having two, mainboard manufacturers can always add third party chips to give extra SATA III ports but I think most poeple would prefer Intel chipset integrated over third party any day of the week.

Well that is really down to Intel's chipset only having two, mainboard manufacturers can always add third party chips to give extra SATA III ports but I think most poeple would prefer Intel chipset integrated over third party any day of the week.

I prefer both, just so I could be able to RAID 1 duplex!

Back