New EVGA Motherboard with USB 3.0: x58 FTW 3

shawnoen

[H]ard|Gawd
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=53414&vpn=132-GT-E768-KR&manufacture=eVGA

53414_1.jpg

53414_3.jpg

53414_l.jpg

I called it a couple days ago, i knew this was gonna happen lol, definitely getting this board as my next build.

looks nice can't wait to see some reviews

Besides the obvious usb 3.0 and different heat sinks...anything new? Looks like the standard tri-sli.

Wish they let you do the step up program to this, too bad it only lasts 90 days or whatnot.

Looks like the X58 3X SLI board with the updated ports and a slightly different HS.

Not that that is a bad thing, my X58 3X SLI board was excellent.
I have found EVGA boards to be my #1 choice these days.

My old 680i is still humming, and my Classified is probably the nicest board I've ever had.

Any info on how they are implementing USB 3.0 and SATA 3? Dont see much technical info on them. Personally I prefer how Asus implements it as compared to Gigabyte.

I want to know 2 things mainly

all PCIe ports are 16x

and does the Vreg over heat when I get my 920 to 4.2

Currently have a x58 EVGA and it has both those problems, but I am still running the 920 @ 4.2 with extra cooling on the Vreg

But the question is will 24GB of ram be enough for my computing needs? :confused:

I DO NOT WANT to ever....EVER have windows stutter or slow down no matter what I'm doing or how many applications I have running.

EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can fill and use all 24GB of RAM... you are a winner in my book ;)

I have 6GB and it is more then enough, I have seen it up to 4.5GB of usage but can't remember a time higher than that.

I can't tell from the picture, but if it's anything like the E758 mobo, which I own and love, they better put additional USB headers on this board!

But the question is will 24GB of ram be enough for my computing needs? :confused:

I DO NOT WANT to ever....EVER have windows stutter or slow down no matter what I'm doing or how many applications I have running.

EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell if this is a troll post or not but.

Unless you're running 20 instances of wow at a time, even 3 gigs is more than enough.

The more ram you have the more windows will use, so saying you see 4g+ with 6 gigs don't mean much.

Whats the chance they will release an updated classified board in the next month?

I can't tell if this is a troll post or not but.

Unless you're running 20 instances of wow at a time, even 3 gigs is more than enough.

The more ram you have the more windows will use, so saying you see 4g+ with 6 gigs don't mean much.

Well I can convert two movies at the same time (plus any other tasks currently running) and only use 4.5GBs of RAM, and that is taxing my CPU (4.2Ghz i7-920)

I'm not sure what else could tax the RAM bank more... but I know games don't even come close to using 6GB.

wouldn't waste my time or money with that board... nice board if you arent into crossfire or SLI

The lower PCI Express 2.0 is only 8x making crossfire or SLI a hot setup or tri-SLI or Tri-Fire a slow setup

I own a E758-TR(basically the same board without the new features) and 2x5850s that are smashed together but still run cool enough

Ughh, they still have that PCI-e 1x slot under the first video card. They need to put that on the bottom!

Just bought it, very happy with it so far. Even with the 8x on my secondary card, awesome board

Ughh, they still have that PCI-e 1x slot under the first video card. They need to put that on the bottom!
Exactly! That bugs me so much. I want a motherboard made for 2 video cards with two low speed PCI-E slots still available. I think the P6X58D-E is the only one!

"Dr do you concur?"
I concur with the previous post, I had to go with a PCI verison of a fatality sound card instead because I did not want to use the third 8x pci-e slot.
Sorry for the quote. Just finished watching catch me if you can a few days ago hehe.
I have the x58 Tri SLI btw.

Back