• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New drivers, Resolution issue in games now....

The-Tmann

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 8, 2001
Messages
5,540
5870 Running Cat 10.4's and all was good
Sony GDM FW900 monitor

All was well, but I read the new 10.6's give a few frames better performance
so...against my better judgment I install them.:-P
All seems good until I launch a game, any of the 5 I have installed.

They default back to low res, I try setting them to the max res that was there before new driver install, which is also my max monitor res, in this case 2304X1440:)
but it's not there to choose now, in any of the games, only up to 1920x1200

under display properties I can move the slider to 2304x1440 and it sets to that fine on desktop, but no game has that res to select now, not COD4, not BFBC2, not COJ, etc..

So, any ideas?
 
Last edited:
10.6 been giving me problems to, random blackouts/lockups, am going to try 10.4 and 10.5 and see much one give's me a more stable gaming experience :confused:
 
I could never get 10.6 to run stable for more than an hour in Borderlands. We went to 10.4 and had a 4 hour gaming session.
 
Back
Top