New drivers causing issues?

I've been running the drivers with my GTX 780 since the day after they came out with no issues.

Got it linked to you? I'm just curious, but how do you mean? Did someone email you? Or, PM you on the forum?

While there does seem to be some stability issues with these drivers (the Geforce forum has people really crybabying about it) the article in that link (and reading the comments afterwards) seems to be the ranting of an AMD fanboi, or toxic marketing 101. It looks like it's more intended to scare people than help them.

I was having trouble playing BF3 yesterday (direct x crashes on launch and in-game), but today i tried it again and it seemed to be ok.

No artifacting or anything like pink textures though. No unusually high temps either.

It's really the only game i've had any issue with when using the new drivers. Odd.

Got my GTX 780 May 24th. Removed my old Radeon 5870 and uninstalled AMD drivers. Then proceeded to install Forceware 320.18. All is fucking well. Loving it.

Got it linked to you? I'm just curious, but how do you mean? Did someone email you? Or, PM you on the forum?

While there does seem to be some stability issues with these drivers (the Geforce forum has people really crybabying about it) the article in that link (and reading the comments afterwards) seems to be the ranting of an AMD fanboi, or toxic marketing 101. It looks like it's more intended to scare people than help them.

Agree.

I got some occasional display driver crashes early on, but other than that.. no issues of any sorts.

So they released a driver thats not completely stable. Its not the first time and wont be the last. Its too bad so many people are too dumb to learn how to uninstall a driver properly (without uninstallers if necessary) and reinstall a rollback driver.

Another GTX 780 user with 320.18 drivers since I got my card. No issues whatsoever.

Running a GTX 770 with 320.18 drivers and all is good. I have a real hard time believing that drivers killed a vid card....

I saw this "issue" brought up at Anand forum.
For me is it not a problem with my factory oc MSI Talon Attack GTX460

I installed these when they came out and I monitor temps with msi afterburner.
Playing Metro 2033, COJ Gunslinger, Fallout3/NV Tomb Raider etc.
I haven't exceeded 61, same as with the 314's

I would of noticed something by now, I would imagine,so these drivers are good for me.

320.18 did not work with my GTX670, nor did 320.14, had to roll back to 320.00 to get rid of the artifacts.

GTX 780s in SLi.......320.18......overclocked......boost of 1160

No problems at all, since Day 1.:D

From what I've read, the 320.18s have huge problems with the 560 in particular. Other cards only have intermittent complaints.

A friend, through steam.

Still no issues, putting our 680's through it's paces on a daily basis. Another weird thing just happened to me though... Metro Last Light just downloaded new GeForce experience settings... let me get an image...

http://imgur.com/0yeO6zm,N6ZVbIm (album, two images)

edit: the settings that are currently set were the previous (optimal)

Anyone else get this?

Back