• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New Drive?

Fritzz

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
1,099
So just had what I think is a disk failure on my WHSv1 server. Wanted me to make sure the disk was connected, said it was missing. I pulled the drive and hooked it to my main PC. From what I remember I should be seeing files on there right? I can view the HDD and it shows up in My Computer. It shows there is 63.5GB free out of 1TB, but I don't see anything. No folders no nothing. Is it reasonable to expect it's toast and I need to order a new drive?

Thanks
 
Look at the SMART info on the drive to determine that. In windows a program like CrystalDiskInfo will tell you if the drive thinks its bad.
 
Back
Top