New Domain Exchange question....

OK so my company is changing our name to something new and more appealing.

The question I have is this. I need to keep my exisiting mail coming in on our old name for about 6 months, but now since all our business cards are now with our new and improved domain name, I will also now need to accept our new address (and forward to the old addresses I would suspect). What is the best way to do this? I have little to no experience with exchange, but I am a very fast learner. If you can point me to an Article or something that would be fine also.

Thanks guys for your time!

Just add the new email address to each receipient in Exchange. You can have multiple SMTP addresses. Set the new one as their primary.

OK so now internally I have my AD user setup with both my domains ([email protected] and [email protected]) and I can send an email to the new domain name and receive it (internally) but externally its not getting to the user.

I have setup a new Recipient policy I can ping my new domain and it resolves to the correct IP, I don't know what I am missing.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

NeGatiVeiOn said:
OK so now internally I have my AD user setup with both my domains ([email protected] and [email protected]) and I can send an email to the new domain name and receive it (internally) but externally its not getting to the user.

I have setup a new Recipient policy I can ping my new domain and it resolves to the correct IP, I don't know what I am missing.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

You need to setup the new Domains MX where ever the dns is being hosted.

The DNS was set, but hadn't fully replicated *On my ISP's network I had full replication*. I got it up and running flawlessly now. Thanks to all that helped.

Back