new desk

phiber

Limp Gawd
heres a new desk me and eL c0L0mb1aNo made today for my DJ equipment :) :D :cool: :eek:

jpdesk.JPG

Originally posted by d03boy
Nice and simple. Now you should stain it or something.

agreed...and also, how much did the wood run you? Where'd you get it? Have to have it cut? (assuming you bought it)

bought it for $40 got 2 free cuts 50 cents for each other...
it was red oak 4ft x 8ft btw

Add some wood molding to cover the ends of your lumbar. Some half-round will work or use rope molding. Then stain that badboy a light stain or forget the stain and just use poly on it. It will look 10x better, I promise.

1. Stain
2. Vacuum under desk
3. Start mixing mad beats yo!
4. ....
5. Profit

Looks good.

Alright. WTF? Scary-MoFo, pics of tubgirl are against forum rules and it is very much likely that you are now banned.

/runs and washes out eyes follwed by pr0n to get image out of head.

edit: I sent a pm to both mods right after I noticed Scary-MoFo was starting to do this. Untill then just add him to your ignore list.

Scary-MoFo = b7.

Anywho, looks really nice guys. My only concern here is that heater you have if it's still hooked up. If the desk is going to be sitting there, personally, I've had problems with heat messing up the desk through the seasons. Don't really know how much a heater affects desks, but the one I used to have got messed up after a couple years from sitting over a vent.

I didn't notice the backboard against the heater before but it will likely cause some problems so perhaps you should rearange some furniture in your room. Wouldn't want to go and mess up that nice new desk.

Rage sent me a PM, Scary-MoFo has been taken care of.

Damn, I am still amazed at what we did. :D

The heater might pose problems but there isn't an option in his room. The desk has to go there. Are there any non-flammable, heat insulators that we could possibly slip between the heater and the backboard.

Also in turns of pricing it broken down like this...

3/4" x 4' x 8' Oak Plywood = $39.99
Cut Plywood (5 Cuts, 2 Free) = $0.50 (x3) = $1.50
1" x 1' x 6' Pine = $8.50
Cut Pine (1 cut) = $0.50
Metal Square Thing to make right angles = $4.00
Measuring Tape = $3.00
5 lb. box of wood screws = ~$10.00 <-- somewhere along those lines because it was a 5 POUND box of screws. :D A bit overkill...yes.

Back