New Dell Inspiron $750 off $1499 Starts Thursday 8am CT

RobbyG

n00b
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/value_inspn?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

(this page will update tomorrow morning with the new configs as shown below)

Limited time offer beginning 7/21/05 8:00am
Only 10,000 systems available for purchase with this coupon code. Limited time offer. ONLINE ONLY Save $750 on select Inspiron™ notebook purchases of $1499 or more ((before tax ,shipping & handling))!

This Coupon code is valid on these Inspiron e-value codes or order codes only: , 11111- i600MA2, 11111- i700mA2, 11111-i2200A2, 11111- i9300A2. In order to view the special configurations to which this coupon code applies visit dell.com/save750

I assume the prices its showing are including the discount already, in which case I'm just not that impressed? Maybe I have unrealistic expectations or something, but even the high end one of the four doesn't look like that screaming of a system if they're saying the normal price is $2300.

ashmedai said:
I assume the prices its showing are including the discount already, in which case I'm just not that impressed? Maybe I have unrealistic expectations or something, but even the high end one of the four doesn't look like that screaming of a system if they're saying the normal price is $2300.
Did you bother to read the text on top at the link?

Save $750! Configure one of these Dell Systems ONLINE to equal $1499 or more (before taxes, S&H) and take $750 off your order when you enter coupon code xxx at checkout.

Uhhhh... this is NOT a DPA only sale. That was the coupon from yesterday. This is a new one.

Yeah, different coupon, no DPA.

This is not as good however, this almost comes to the same ammount it would've been with the coupons before with a 6800go and it's only an X300.

good looking out though :D

Seeing "750 off systems over 1499" in the fine print, seeing the low end of the four priced at 7XX, therefore I'm assuming the discount has already been subtracted. Plus I'm relatively sure the bonus applies to specific configurations...they might give you a bit of leeway but I suspect if you change too many options you're going to end up not getting the "discount".

i just bit the bullet and got a 700m for 850 roughly after tax etc.

12.1 WXGA (native res 1280xwhatever)
1.8ghz pm
60gb HD
WiFi
256mb ram (gonna buy some 512 stick since that'll be 25 bucks cheaper than dell doin it)
8cell battery (standard was 6 i think)

And you can configure each system somewhat, not a lot but a little. Not nearly as much as if you just normally selected the system. But for me this would a good deal, i use my laptop on my couch for email, writing papers, irc, and watch dvds on it so for all that it would work just fine. Gaming is what my desktop is for :p

What code are you guys using? I'm using the one on their site (PNV5H9JHS57$BX) and it says "Save $750 on SELECT notebook purchases of $1499 or more with DPA!" and the $750 discount is not applying itself.

are you guys getting the free shippin, i keep getting $50 for shipping with a $24 discount, but it says free ground shipping for items $849 and higher on the page, not sure why it's not working for me.

If you click the Details link of the 'Free Shipping' special, it says "Dell Home Customers: Free Ground Shipping on Dell Inspiron orders greater than $849! $25 handling charge applies."

So it's free shipping but not handling.

Free shipping, but if you want us to actually put it in a box first you're gonna have to give us some cash?

They make sure the laptop and all of its accessories and paperwork are in the box. Someone's gotta do it and be paid for it :rolleyes:

Can the Can the inspiron 6000 be upgraded to a 6800go down the road? I mean, does it have a PCI-e slot sorta thing?

The notebook would need to support MXM in order to upgrade the video card to an Nvidia chipset, I believe.

z-lite said:
They make sure the laptop and all of its accessories and paperwork are in the box. Someone's gotta do it and be paid for it :rolleyes:

ah i gotcha, didn't read the fine print, all good, order a 600m for my mom. thnx for the deal.

Oh man...I almost bit the bullet on this one...IT IS SO TEMPTING!!! :(

But I'd rather have a PDA at this moment in time since I am mobile alot..... and since $400 for a awesome PDA is cheaper than a still awesome laptop, but more expensive at $850.....Money is kind of an issue right now starting a new job....

ARRRG!! :mad: ::Can't make up mind::

z-lite said:
The notebook would need to support MXM in order to upgrade the video card to an Nvidia chipset, I believe.

thanks for the answer. Do you by any chance know if the 9300 has this feature, I was hoping if I buy a lappy with the crappy X300 now if maybe I could go the 6800go way in the future?

Well, since my old Inspiron 8000 failed a couple weeks ago (it's four years old, so it's pretty much run its course), I've been tempted to replace it. I bit today. Ordered an Inspiron 700m through this deal. 1.8GHz, the WXGA screen, 256MB RAM (I'll upgrade that myself), 60GB HDD, extended life battery. Hopefully it lasts me as long as the last one.

got the same setup nitro...

found Kingston ram on newegg to be about the cheapest decent ram, prolly just gonna go with a 512mb stick for now.

Only thing i wish i got was the dvd burner but i can live without it, wasnt gonna pay 100 bucks for it :p

Got mine Thursday btw.

Inspiron 600m
Pentium®M Processor 725(1.60 GHz/400MHz FSB)14.1-in SXGA+ w/32MB Video, Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Qty: 1
Unit Price: $1,499.00
Inspiron 600m Pentium®M Processor 725(1.60 GHz/400MHz FSB)14.1-in SXGA+ w/32MB Video

Memory 512MB DDR SDRAM 1 Dimm
Hard Drive 40GB Hard Drive
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
Integrated Modem and NIC Internal 56K Modem and Integrated Network Card
Optical 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer write capability
Wireless Networking Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)
Office Productivity Software No productivity suite - Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Primary Battery 6-Cell Lithium Ion Battery (53Whr)
Limited Warranty, Services and Support 1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr At-Home Service, and 1Yr Technical Support
CompleteCare Accidental Damage (except NY and FL) SAVE 10 %! Add CompleteCare Accidental Damage Svc to 1Yr Lim Warranty

$750.

Back