New Dell Deal Check This Out

blacklimo03

Weaksauce
Hey, anyone miss the $750 off $1500 deal? Ripped from slickdeals, Dell now has a $700 off $1700 coupon FROM SMALL BUSINESS. http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=92920 This works for any Inspiron I believe, I ordered second 9300 in two days :). I am gonna cancel my EPP 9300 soon. GOOD LUCK. $700off 1699 coupon: 974VLC7M85DN3H (Exp 4/20 11:59pm CT or after 1000 redemptions) at the checkout. Free CD burner/ Free Printer

Not as hot as the Home one, but still hot... the only bad thing is that they charge tax in SB :(

PRpaTi said:
Not as hot as the Home one, but still hot... the only bad thing is that they charge tax in SB :(
They charge tax in Home too. Why would you say their tax charge would be any different for SB than for Home? Sales tax is charged based upon whether the vendor in question operates businesses in your state. Dell operates in most states and charges sales tax in any of those states that have sales taxes -- regardless of whether it's Home, Small Business, or Large Business. It's still Dell. The only way to avoid sales tax is if you are a reseller and submit your tax ID number as proof, and that would certainly be more likely on the SB site, not the Home site.

actually, some of us are tax exempt businesses, so SB coupons are better than home ones... :)

ccotenj said:
actually, some of us are tax exempt businesses, so SB coupons are better than home ones... :)
Exactly... that was my point at the end of my post. :)

Well... I'm talking from personal experience... here in NY, Home didn't charge me tax for a 9300 and SB did. From the various Dell Home/SB threads I've read in FW, same thing happens for a lot of states. I don't think I got a tax free offer in Home, but my memory has blocked more important things ;)

If you have registered businesses... all the power to ya... this deal is great for you...

EDIT: This came with the invoice for my 9300:

Code:
Dell Home Systems collects tax on orders delivered to Michigan,
Minnesota, Mississippi, Wisconsin, Texas, Tennessee, California,
Georgia, Missouri, Kentucky, Nevada, Florida, North Carolina, Idaho,
Ohio, Illinois, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Oklahoma and
Washington. For shipments to other states, tax relates to the third
party service contract only. The purchaser is responsible for
remitting any uncollected tax on their order directly to the local
taxing authorities.

Back