New Dell 2405FPW arrived with big smudge/dead pixle

Sky15

2[H]4U
So i recieved my 2405FPW today and I noticed later on when I was checking it out that in the middle of the screen it has a huge Smudge, like someone punched it. SO i was upset, and thought i would get the runna round from Dell bla bla bla. But I just got off the phone with Dell which took 15 min 10 min wait, and they exchanged it like THAT. Best part is I keep the LCd untill the new one arrives next week and return this one next week, so in the mean time Is till have this witht he big dead pixle.

Alright this is werid. I just changed my Backround from Scarface wich had a black background, to another Wallpaper that has a blackground, but on this one I don't see it, and looked at it sideways but there is nothing there.

You should probably test your screen with various colors/patterns to verify that there is truly something wrong with it.

Put up a purely black background (try the blank screensaver in windows) and see if the screen has a relatively even black level across the screen.

You're gonna want to cancel the 2nd shipment if it turns out your screen is fine.

Do a google search for nokia monitor test

That utility has some basic screens for monitor calibration, including an option for solid black, red, green, blue, and white screens.

You only waited on hold for 10 minutes? That's pretty good. Last time I called Dell I was on hold for 40 minutes. Either they've serious about improving their customer support or you got lucky.

I know it's there becasue I showed my brother and he saw it. It's big, but then i have a screen saver, and another black round wallpaper and it wasn't there, but i know it is, but can only see it witht hat scarface wallpaper.

Javi said:
Maybe there's something wrong with the wallpaper?
I was thinking the same thing..I also got my 2405 yesterday and and it had a smudge in the middle of the screen..I cleaned it off and it looks GREAT!

:D

How bout you provide us a link to your wallpaper. Maybe other people will see this mysterious "smudge" as well :p

seems like 3 times is the charm so your other 2 will probully be bad also unless you get lucky..this really keeps me from getting one unless they hit around the 700 dollar mark again big hassle IMO

Back