New Dead Space 2 Trailer

I really can't wait for this to be released. I am considering purchasing the Collector's Edition with the soundtrack, concept art, and Isaac's gun.

The first game was awesome, I am playing through it again now.

Did they really just set a trailer for a horror game in the year 2011 to a 15 year old Smashing Pumpkins song?

Nothing has ever seemed so out of place in a trailer to me. I couldn't get past the first 15 seconds.

Did they really just set a trailer for a horror game in the year 2011 to a 15 year old Smashing Pumpkins song?

Nothing has ever seemed so out of place in a trailer to me. I couldn't get past the first 15 seconds.

So would you have preferred something more modern like Kate Perry? Or are you more of a Britney fan?

Good music is good music, regardless of what year it was released.
I can't wait for this game. I ordered the PC CE for myself and 360 CE for a friend as a (late) Christmas gift. I'm off of work for the first few days the game is out, so my schedule is already set. :D

A day one, full price purchase for me, hopefully supports multi-monitor. Hope the controls for the PC are a little better, the original wasn't bad but they were unconventional and took time getting use to.

1st day buy for me to, but as a PC gamer that trailer (gfx) looked like shit.
I hope I can up them :/

Never played the first one, but this thing looks like ME on steroids.

Really, I thought it look pretty good overall. Trailers oftern however look better to me than the actual console presentation however.

I find it funny the game's cut scene (pre-render) have shitty graphic compare to the real-time scene..

EX: Darksiders ..

It's probably render under console performance, so be expected that PC should be way up there..

Good music is good music, regardless of what year it was released.
I can't wait for this game. I ordered the PC CE for myself and 360 CE for a friend as a (late) Christmas gift. I'm off of work for the first few days the game is out, so my schedule is already set. :D

You miss the point. It has no place in a trailer for a horror game. It's supposed to be atmospheric, but I suppose you're one of the people who qualified Dead Space as "scary" even though it wasn't even a horror game, just an action game with loud mutilated enemies popping up behind you in dark rooms.

It was so inexpertly done I thought it was a user-made trailer until I read all of the magazine quotes and such.

So would you have preferred something more modern like Kate Perry? Or are you more of a Britney fan?

It would have fit in about as well.

is there no steam version?

It might show up in a bit, some goes don't get a lot of lead time on Steam. EA's download service is actually pretty decent. I hadn't used it in years until I got a got deal on Hot Pursuit with was an electronic download. Low and behold the copy of Crysis was STILL in my account on these years latter. I try to buy through Steam just to keep things simple but I use Steam, EA now, D2D, Imuplse and Games for Windows, bought games from all of them except Impulse over Christmas. More effort to manage but it works ok for me.

Just wished ALL new games set themselves up in Game Explorer.

You miss the point. It has no place in a trailer for a horror game. It's supposed to be atmospheric, but I suppose you're one of the people who qualified Dead Space as "scary" even though it wasn't even a horror game, just an action game with loud mutilated enemies popping up behind you in dark rooms.
No I didn't miss the point, I just didn't care enough about it because one poorly made trailer isn't going to sway me one bit for a game I've been anticipating for a while.

I agree the music doesn't fit with what the game stands for.

With that said though, I played the demo on Xbox 360, it's a shame there wasn't one on PC, but i'll be buying it for PC because this game is still gonna be awesome.

Glad to see Isaac isn't like Gordon Freeman this time around, they definitely worked on his character, giving him more depth.

I find it funny the game's cut scene (pre-render) have shitty graphic compare to the real-time scene..

EX: Darksiders ..

It's probably render under console performance, so be expected that PC should be way up there..

It's cause they're videos and not in-game. Videos of In-game. Batman had the same thing. Uncharted has it too.. quite annoying.

Looks very good. Hopefully graphics will be much improved than what we saw.

I had to mute it, too. That wasn't very exciting. Hopefully the game is much better than that presentation.

Is there any way to get around Game Stops pre-order gimmick of getting that rivet gun? Surely you can get that gun without pre-ordering the game (I'm guessing you just get it later in the game instead of at the beginning).

can i please just have system shock 3?

I believe DS actually started out as SS3 but EA decided that a new IP would stand much better chance than one that could probably never live up to the hype. It was probably a smart decision.

Is there any way to get around Game Stops pre-order gimmick of getting that rivet gun? Surely you can get that gun without pre-ordering the game (I'm guessing you just get it later in the game instead of at the beginning).

No, these kinds of exclusive deals are now no longer in game unless you unlock with a code. You're thinking of promo codes from say 6-10 years ago. Now retailers lock up exclusive content that cannot be found otherwise in game.

Back