• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New DC parts swap thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR_K13

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
3,491
Should I make a new DC parts swap thread where eveyone get 1 box to put in requsts for parts and what they have to give up? soon that thread will be 100 pages long.

this way you would have to go back and edit your post. and it would be very clean.

Ideas guys???
 
i think just one post, with someone to update it would be easier, all the emails go
to one person and then once something is removed they can take it off the list
in case someone forgets to get back on etc etc.. or if we cant get into contact
with them about it then we can just remove their stuff
 
KodiakStar said:
i think just one post, with someone to update it would be easier, all the emails go
to one person and then once something is removed they can take it off the list
in case someone forgets to get back on etc etc.. or if we cant get into contact
with them about it then we can just remove their stuff


good Idea , but too much work . 1 box per person. and that person is responsible for that box. If someone forgets to take care of said box, they get flamed by the horde
 
DR_K13 said:
1 box per person. and that person is responsible for that box. If someone forgets to take care of said box, they get flamed by the horde
Sounds okay by me.
 
KodiakStar said:
i think just one post, with someone to update it would be easier, all the emails go
to one person and then once something is removed they can take it off the list
in case someone forgets to get back on etc etc.. or if we cant get into contact
with them about it then we can just remove their stuff

Already sent you email.
 
Mabye a website with common gear, amounts available/requested and whom has what broken down in colums/rows?

Or a speadsheet somewhere?

For me threads get so messy digging thru. The box idea should work and already have the technonlgy here.

Just ideas, all are good ones.
 
I agree about the having to dig for stuff, its a PITA to try and find something
in that thread, esp if you need parts, people tend not to look back to see if
something they are posting is needed by someone else, and then other
posts about wanted/have already posts talking about this or that... and
flaming shouldnt waste valuable posts! ^_^
 
Just an example... (posting in the swap forum now until something is decided)
Spectre
Has:

Laptop RAM:
* 64Mb PC100 SDRAM NEC Chips
* 32Mb PC100 SDRAM NEC Chips


--

MN Scout
Has:
* 5 sata cables
* I have free electricity for the next 1 1/2+ years so I could take 1 or 2 boxen and let them crunch WU's 24 x 7. So if we can get full boxen that need homes, my home is open.
 
Shoot guess I didn't type that right those ram modules are laptop....not laptop and those modules. Sorry!
 
One other key ability would be to mix and match from items listed to assemble a working box. Whole goal is to get boxen folding right!
 
Yup that is a for sure, and then me (or whoever) can
find someone who has something and do match-making
for missing parts
 
I never got around to populating this, but I'm happy to "donate" the site for coordinating the swapping of parts. I put it up for myself and my buddies to dump all our spare hardware to in the hopes of creating uses for stuff instead of leaving it in drawers de-valuing by the day. I never got around to putting all my junk up or telling anyone about it. Something like this would be a welcome addition to [H]ard|Folding I would think, if they want to do it in-house instead. I have no problem doing it for free, its hosted the same place as my hobby site I'm messing with so its not going anywhere. I can re-structure everything and even have no problem giving some "Head Folders" admin accounts for the classifieds software. Ignore all the current verbage, as I said it was originally intended for my buddies, etc.

http://classifieds.kenputer.info
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top