New custom HTPC build

nlancaster

Gawd
So putting my CNC router to work for me to start with, cutting a new HTPC Case.

The case itself uses aluminum extrusion corners, which i will manually sand into a shiny brushed finish.

The panels are all 9mm Baltic Birch plywood, cut on my own cnc router, which if all goes well will be for sale soon.

Overall it is 9.5 inches wide and 11 inches long, and 3.75 inches tall.

Asrock AMD e350 mini-itx motherboard
4GB DDR3 OCZ Memory
60gb Corsair SSD
Onboard everything.....

In the front you can see the mini Imon display ripped out of a messed up Thermaltake case, power button, and 2 usb ports. And on top you can see the only fan in the entire system a 120mm Arctic cooling fan, 600-1300rpm.

overview.JPG

top%20off.JPG

And below is a link to a little bit of the cutting of the parts. Total cut time was at about 60 minutes.

http://youtu.be/IeK2XcJIc7w - !!Turn your speakers down, the machine is very loud, you have been warned!!

Still have alot of sanding to do on the parts. I will get some pictures up tomarrow of the finished wood parts.

Should have the entire thing assembled by Sunday.

PS. can we embed youtube in here? I can't find anything that says how to do it. And if we can't embed youtube, why not?

Starting to come together. Ran into a problem on sunday when trying to assemble. Could not find any of my screws or stand offs, and everything was closed because of easter!

But starting to get it together now. Here is a pic of all the cut parts just stacked together.

intheflesh.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool. I always like seeing another fellow CNC user put their machines to work on computer related stuff. This will be a nice build!

Back