New CS:Source Server.

No AWPs or flash? And it has Bots. Let people buy awps and flashes, and take out the bots and there would be more people playing. Every time I check the server it's empty.

No AWPs or flash? And it has Bots. Let people buy awps and flashes, and take out the bots and there would be more people playing. Every time I check the server it's empty.

If it's limited money, I agree (about the awps). If it's unlimited, not so much. When everyone can afford an AWP every single round, all they do is buy AWPs and camp somewhere. And if you decide to go against the grain and buy an M4 or AK, you have very little chance of getting consistent kills since you are just getting one shotted from across the map (depending on the map of course). Gets boring real quick. I tend to avoid unlimited money servers where AWPs are allowed, unless I'm REALLY in the mood to snipe.

As for flashes, sure. They can get annoying in the wrong hands. But that's no reason to ban them for everyone. There are mods that punish a player for excessive team flashing (which is probably the reason you have them banned). I've seen some that take money away, some that damage your health, some that ban you from buying them for a number of rounds, and some that just put a beacon on your location (so the opposing team knows where you are). Try one of those out if you feel flashes are a problem (and if nade spamming is your issue, just set a time limit on the buy areas).

And yes. Remove the bots. I have my search filter set to hide servers with bots. I don't even bother to look at them, and most people feel the same way as I. I know you just want to always have a server population thinking that it will draw more users, but it's not worth it. Having bots drives more people away than a sometimes empty server does.

My last suggestion is to have a good map rotation. It's tempting to make your server a 24/7 Dust2 or 24/7 Office, since those are the most popular maps... but it gets old. If you have a mix of popular maps (Dust2, Office, Train, Italy etc) and more obscure, but decent maps (Westwood, Port, Crackhouse etc) then people will enjoy themselves more because of the variety, and make a habit out of coming to your server when they get tired of Dust2 and Office.

Of course, I haven't actually checked out your server, so maybe you've already done all that and I just sound like an idiot lol. I'll try and check it out the next time I jump on CS.

Back