New Crysis 2 Trailer

It looks like Crysis 2 will be a better game than the original. It's just disappointing that the PC version will be held back for consoles visually.

I wonder how effective the cloak will be, considering the majority of the opposing force will be aliens. Cloak did absolutely nothing against the aliens in the original.

If the PC version was going to shake the foundations of graphics like the original did, we would have seen some footage of it by now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the videos released to date have been of the console versions...the 360 in particular. That tells me that Crytek is hiding it.

It looks like Crysis 2 will be a better game than the original. It's just disappointing that the PC version will be held back for consoles visually.

I wonder how effective the cloak will be, considering the majority of the opposing force will be aliens. Cloak did absolutely nothing against the aliens in the original.

If the PC version was going to shake the foundations of graphics like the original did, we would have seen some footage of it by now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the videos released to date have been of the console versions...the 360 in particular. That tells me that Crytek is hiding it.

Cloak did work on the smaller Aliens. Snuck past them more than once inside the mountain.
If you used the: shoot, cloak, hide, decloak, recharge, repeat, tactic, they would still find you or at least shoot in your general direction. Same as the NK, the aliens were just a bit better at it.

If you played Crysis 1 or Warhead (sounds like you haven't) its a way to mark them on your minimap using binoculars.

I'm talking about when he is not using his binoculars. It looks like they are highlighted

If I were making a gAme. I would first show the public the shit stuff. And little by little I'll start showing them the better stuff

maybe they are saving the best for last. Next year they show the pc version. Please Jesus that my guess was right. I loved the graphis of crysis

That looked pretty terrible...especially the gameplay sections. I know it was played on console and that's why he ran around like an idiot not hitting anything and getting shot up, but gameplay like that doesn't sell me.

In Crysis, the only fun parts were fighting the NK. Sneaking through the jungle and picking them off or tossing them off of cliffs made the game really fun. It was like playing as a Predator, but with otherwise human armaments.

This looks like generic shoot the robot alien garbage. Like a really pretty Halo or something. I'll reserve judgment until release, but this is barely on my radar. The douchebag in me wants to see Crysis 2 fail so hard just to see what excuse Cevat will give for the almost inevitable run-of-the-mill gameplay and laughable story.

I'm talking about when he is not using his binoculars. It looks like they are highlighted

It's probably a gameplay design decision to make them stand out when a lot of action is going on. IIRC, there are human enemies too.

This looks like generic shoot the robot alien garbage. Like a really pretty Halo or something. I'll reserve judgment until release, but this is barely on my radar. The douchebag in me wants to see Crysis 2 fail so hard just to see what excuse Cevat will give for the almost inevitable run-of-the-mill gameplay and laughable story.

My thoughts exactly. Looks very boring and is the same "hero saves the planet from the nasty aliens" formula we have seen and played a thousand times before.

playing the PC version with an xbox controller.. stupid
Some (many) people are just more comfortable with a controller rather than being hunched over a keyboard. How is that stupid?

At least their on a PC, getting better GFX than the consoles.

I will be dead in the ground before I play an FPS with a controller (outside of the occasional round at a friends or something).

I feel validated reading that author saying that the pacing and enemies are very Halo-esque. Almost guaranteed that I'll pass on this until it's dirt cheap after reading that.

Some (many) people are just more comfortable with a controller rather than being hunched over a keyboard. How is that stupid?

At least their on a PC, getting better GFX than the consoles.

if you play a fps on PC with controller why would you even care for better graphics?

mark my words

CRYSIS 2 COD like console shit

lol @ the PC elitism.
Cracks me up every time.

Fact: KB/M is more accurate than thumb sticks.
Fact: A lot of people don't care about this and would rather play with controllers anyway.
Fact: You need to get over it.

Looking forward to this game, hopefully this gives me a reason to upgrade my ATI 4890.

Can't say I liked the original crysis' actual gameplay and storyline too much, mainly got it to see if my PC could do it with full everything.

I'll buy this one as well and hope it's an improvement as it looks good.

In Crysis and Warhead any enemy that attacked you (and did damage) would get highlighted. I think in those games though it was mainly because of the dense foliage.

Cloak did work on the smaller Aliens. Snuck past them more than once inside the mountain.
If you used the: shoot, cloak, hide, decloak, recharge, repeat, tactic, they would still find you or at least shoot in your general direction. Same as the NK, the aliens were just a bit better at it.

Cloak expended all energy if you shot first when cloaked. If you de-cloak into another nanosuit ability and then shot, you didn't lose any energy and can immediately recloak. I simply used the single shot mode on the FY or SCAR and de-cloak into speed, headshot, re-cloak immediately.

Watching the trailer,I'm just not impressed. But it's not the graphics that fail to me,really,we won't know just how good they are in the PC version until it's actually released. It's the gameplay that leaves me cold. And this is from a diehard FPS junkie since the original Doom. Just another run 'n gun,linear shooter in a city landscape that constricts you like a straight jacket. At least the jungle setting in the first game gave you some feeling of an open world. And people complained about the storyline in Crysis? The plot for this one could have been lifted from any of dozens of Grade B movies.

They kinda fail the game right at the moment they turn it to a human vs alien battle..

The thing that really makes this game shine as someone else mention is to screw around North korean..

You can throw them off the cliff, punch them in the face or ass, w/e u like..
driving a truck ran over couple of them, sometime they will even fly off in some scary way..

there are too many fun stuff with Crysis that does not seem you can accomplish in Crysis 2..

The graphics does not look like any improvement to me, rather a dumb down...

I am not quite sure about the part where the gameplay is at central, if that is on PC with full graphic, I will definitely not buy this game until it goes dirt cheap. Those marine's shadows are missing, and DX10 style motion blur is completely gone, and everything looks stone-ish kind of color..

Crysis with couple setting look hella lot better than what it shows on preview or gameplay.

Don't forget about the other human enemies as well. I don't know if it'll be as fun as taking out NKs in a dense jungle setting, but at least there's a 3rd party in the mix.

according to this..

they are playing the PC version with an xbox controller.. stupid, but hey, thats what he did

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1140767p1.html

Cromlaughscopy.jpg

Yeah it was fun being a super solider against loads of Koreans. Being a super soldier against high tech aliens doesn't really seem as fun, the alien levels at the end of Crysis and throughout Warhead were kind boring, you just took the biggest weapons possible to kill them with, like the rocket launcher or rail gun.

These sorts of games are fun when you can stalk an inferior enemy, but they have the upper hand in terms of numbers.

Yeah it was fun being a super solider against loads of Koreans. Being a super soldier against high tech aliens doesn't really seem as fun, the alien levels at the end of Crysis and throughout Warhead were kind boring, you just took the biggest weapons possible to kill them with, like the rocket launcher or rail gun.

These sorts of games are fun when you can stalk an inferior enemy, but they have the upper hand in terms of numbers.

This.

Suit vs. aliens is boring, though there's some hope of a decent story since it was written by authors. Bonus points for one of the authors being a Brit.

I have the original Crysis somewhere but never finished it because it frustrated me playing with my 8800GTS. My GTX 460 should be here tomorrow so I may have to load it back up and give it a shot. How well will the GTX 460 perform with this game?

I have the original Crysis somewhere but never finished it because it frustrated me playing with my 8800GTS. My GTX 460 should be here tomorrow so I may have to load it back up and give it a shot. How well will the GTX 460 perform with this game?

My HD4870 lets me max out the settings at 720p with no AA. Your card should perform considerably better.

This game looks like. The graphics look WORSE than crysis 1!

I really want this game to push the bar again just like crysis 1 did. I mean even now 4 yrs later we still have problems maxing that game out. And there STILL isn't a game that looks as good as the the orgininal crysis.

Back