New Crysis 2 single player trailer!

Well that's supposedly the difference this time around. Better AI, more situations that force you to use the powers. And the vertical terrain concept could be really good if it's for real. If they take advantage of sliding and ledge-grabbing properly, I can't see how they can go wrong.

Always these companies are trying to make some money off the console guys with a pc game. Its not going to work out for them. In the process of doing that they will lose a lot of pc sales. In the end they would lose more rather than gain as their reputation would be messed up also. Now that its been dumbed consolized some it sort of feels like just another port. The internet in the game has declined a lot also since its been years already promoting this game.

Well that's supposedly the difference this time around. Better AI, more situations that force you to use the powers. And the vertical terrain concept could be really good if it's for real. If they take advantage of sliding and ledge-grabbing properly, I can't see how they can go wrong.

Going by Crysis I can't see how they can go right. I'll be very surprised if they've made a fulfilling or fun game this time around.

some of the comments on that video are funny as hell

The novelty of Crysis wore off quickly for me. I remember installing it, patching it and it running like crap. I not really excited for it.

To this day I still believe its an unoptimized. Hopefully they have corrected this in Crysis 2.

The game performed horribly if DX10, the 64-bit exe and AA were used together. Changing any one of those allowed for far better performance. Otherwise, the only argument I ever saw that wasn't complete FUD bullshit had to do with a ton of lovely technical details and (IIRC) focused on the number of polys displayed--too bad I can't find that post anymore because it was very informative.

I played @ medium settings with an Athlon 3700+/6800GT and didn't have any problems. Disclaimer: There was a little lag from time to time but my eyes are forgiving.

Upgrading to a C2D and 4850x2 allowed me to see the full glory of the game.

My main complaints are shitty physics that killed you if you pushed a box, and a lack of cooldown with the stealth feature on the suit, which made the game far too easy.

Looking forward to Crysis 2 but I *really* would have liked to see more human opponents and an open world (think Just Cause 2). For those reasons I think I'll wait a bit before picking this one up.

Back