• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New CRT

KoolDrew

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
1,646
I am looking for a new CRT. It is going to be used for gaming mostly. I do not want to spend a lot on it. I don't mind if it is reburbished or not. I want it to be rather large (21"-24").

What would you guys recommend? What should I be looking for? Where should I look?
 
KoolDrew said:
I am looking for a new CRT. It is going to be used for gaming mostly. I do not want to spend a lot on it. I don't mind if it is reburbished or not.

What would you guys recommend? What should I be looking for? Where should I look?
You can't go wrong with any 21" with a Trinitron tube. Make sure it has enough bandwidth to play at your desired resolution at an 85 hz or better refresh rate.
 
Where would you recommend buying it? I remember visiting one site a long time ago that had a ton of refurbished monitors. I have no idea what the name is though.
 
I'll let someone else field that question, because I don't buy refurbished gear as a general rule. New, you can get a 21" in the $400-$450 range, but a good refurbished may be a better deal for you.
 
www.azatek.com

i bought a a 24" FW900 widescreen from them for $479 and am still blown away by games! max res on this is 2304x1440. i can run quite a few games in that res and it is awesome. even running in 1680x1050 or 1920x1200(mainly the res i use) is good.

see the thread about this monitor and you'll want to buy one after reading it :D
 
Haste266 said:
www.azatek.com

i bought a a 24" FW900 widescreen from them for $479 and am still blown away by games! max res on this is 2304x1440. i can run quite a few games in that res and it is awesome. even running in 1680x1050 or 1920x1200(mainly the res i use) is good.

see the thread about this monitor and you'll want to buy one after reading it :D
Azatek also has oem/brownbox/unused aka "new" mitsubishi displays for a song. OP look up azatek's mitsubishi 22" 2070sb and 2060u (3 of them altogether).

I would try to swing for the FW900 but if it's too rich for your blood then check out those mitsubishi's since they're really high end crt's, and "unused".
 
If you are looking for a CRT, look no further than an FW900. I sold my 2405FPW because this is better for gaming..... EASY.
 
The Mitsubishi 2070SB is the best crt in my opinion (and others) other than the FW900 and still has 1 year warranty left -> here
I was going to get this before I got (resorted to) my viewsonic lcd

Call Azatek - they are off lease Grade A (I asked about it saying overstock- you should ask them to - free call)
 
Back
Top