New Corsair Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse Upgrades with 10,000 DPI Optical Sensor

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair, a leader in high-performance gaming hardware, today announced the immediate availability of the upgraded Sabre RGB gaming mouse. Equipped with a 10,000 DPI optical sensor, four-zone dynamic multi-color backlighting and eight programmable buttons, Sabre RGB is the new lightweight champion of Corsair’s award winning range of gaming mice.

By combining state-of-the-art optical sensor technology with lightweight and ergonomic design, the Corsair Sabre RGB gaming mouse provides superior tracking speed with deadly accuracy. Equipped with a 10,000 DPI optical sensor and multi-color DPI indicator, high-accuracy tracking is assured to make every click count. Weighing just 100g and designed to accommodate multiple grip styles, Sabre RGB’s sleek ergonomic shape fits comfortably in your hand, allowing gamers to react quickly and play longer. Sabre RGB’s 8 programmable buttons can be fully re-mapped using the Corsair Utility Engine Software (CUE) – whether for single keystrokes or complex macros to give MOBA and MMO gamers the edge. Four-zone dynamic multi-color backlighting gives users virtually infinite color customization, or with CUE Link, match Sabre RGB’s lighting and effects to that of your Corsair RGB Keyboard with the click of a button.

I just bought the Scimitar RGB with 12,000 DPI optical and its a brilliant mouse, this is my 3rd day with it.
I use it on my sofa (thick weave cloth) which isnt the easiest surface to track, this is super smooth and deadly accurate.
The build quality and feel is first class, the colours are deep and gorgeous. The software is brilliant, extremely configurable.
Its very comfortable and felt natural almost straight away.
The 10,000 DPI Sabre will be just as good no doubt, I only need between 2000 and 3000 DPI at 1080p.

The only downside is what appears to be a bug in the software that provides the colour animations.
Once per day the mouse goes extremely jerky and mouse clicks take around a minute to register.
It did it after the first installation and I thought it was broken. Re-plugging the mouse or using different USB ports resulted in an unknown device detected.
But it resolved after a few minutes and was working fine in the original USB port.

It did the same thing yesterday, practically 24hrs later. The logs were completely filled with this error
[2016-03-08T11:29:03]: Mouse LED colors change failed. request timed out for Scimitar.

Then today around 24hrs later again, the same.
Using another mouse I turned off the lighting feature and the mouse became usable.
Turning the lighting back on again caused it to become jerky again.
I left it off for a few minutes and when turned on again it was back to normal completely with lights working.
In total the problem lasted about 11 minutes.

I can see online that others have had the same problem.
Corsair asked me to update to the latest firmware which is now installed.
I'll see what it does tomorrow. Although the time might have changed due to re-installing the software.

I have posted the above so you know what to do if this happens to you.
Until you get it resolved, using another mouse lets you to turn the lighting off.

Aside from that, this is a killer mouse. The quality makes my Steelseries Sensei look and feel cheap and amateur.
It is smoother tracking than the Sensei as well.
Very pleased with it :)

Last edited:
At what point are mice going to have "enough" resolution? 10,000 DPI? Does that make even the slightest difference over 1,000 DPI in real world usage?

At what point are mice going to have "enough" resolution? 10,000 DPI? Does that make even the slightest difference over 1,000 DPI in real world usage?
If the mouse sensor is actually accurate at that DPI and a game engine is built to utilize it your aiming will be more precise. For example in counter-strike instead of using 1 sensitivity at 1,000 DPI you could use .1 sensitivity at 10,000 DPI and get 10 times the precision with the same turn speed.
It doesn't make as big of a difference as it sounds though. It is already more precise than most people's movements. You can sort of test this out by trying to moving your cursor one pixel on the desktop using the DPI you use in game.

Back