New Corsair Power Supplies at NewEgg Now

mmm 80 plus gold AX750w PSU.. damn i may have to jump on that one..

I just picked up the Corsair 1000watt PSU - had the 1200 been there for purchase via Amazon I probably would have jumped on it...but honestly I think even the 1Kw is overkill for my rig :)

I just picked up the Corsair 1000watt PSU - had the 1200 been there for purchase via Amazon I probably would have jumped on it...but honestly I think even the 1Kw is overkill for my rig :)

You'll be fine, but I'd exchange it personally. The HX1000 is a CWT PUC unit which is good, but I don't think it'll be as good as the Flextronics until in terms of efficiency, voltage control, and ripple suppression. Anyway, I guess I'm going to wait for Seasonic's X1000/X1200 to come out. Just hope it's not too long from now.

I want a decent modular, but I'll pass with it at $175.

Just wait for Ewiz to get more Seasonic X750's in stock. They can usually be had for $135-$140 with a coupon.

I am waiting for Amazon or Best Buy to start stocking the AX1200... I would order from newegg, but I hate paying shipping, so I might as well wait until Best Buy has it, pay tax on it, and if there is an issue I can just go exchange it vs shipping...

I hvae a TX950 running my SLI-GTX480 setup for now... I want to add a third GTX480 in the next few months and figure the AX1200 would allow me that... Plus it will allow me to pass along the TX950 to my sons rig as the dual GTX280s he is running is more load on a BFG ES-800 that I like to put on it...

A little expensive, if they beat the seasonic x series it might be worth it.

$199 for an 850W? I'd just get an xfx 850W at that point, seasonic built as well although only 80plus silver.

Hm...tempting, guess I'll just hold a bit longer till I upgrade my 5970 to something more powerful.

$199 for an 850W? I'd just get an xfx 850W at that point, seasonic built as well although only 80plus silver.

Why even spend that on a 850w unit?

Just buy a Corsair TX950 for ~$140 and be done with it... Great unit.

Definitely don't know about that. 20% negative ratings on Newegg and 3 out of 7 ratings on Amazon are negative. Seems to have a serious issue working with particular motherboards.

Well, the AX750/850 are Seasonic X based, and the XFX is an M12D. There is naturally going to be a price difference.

There are significant differences between the HX850 and AX850.

In order of quality from good to better: TX850, HX850, AX850

Happy as can be with my HX1000, the former king. If I need even more power, I'm definitely going back to Corsair and selecting an AX 1200. A series a totally modular, 80Plus GOLD PSUs with Corsair's rep for quality is really pretty amazing. Corsair selects some really great products an makes them their own and all my "PC weirdness" from motherboards dying to other power related issues ceased when I moved to Corsair, even from other "Name" brands.

If you're in the market for the best, I would not hesitate to select Corsair.

If you're in the market for the best, I would not hesitate to select Corsair.

While I do have to agree that Corsair has good customer service and decent PSUs, they originally weren't the best.

Not to mention their GS series are mediocre at best.

While I do have to agree that Corsair has good customer service and decent PSUs, they originally weren't the best.

Not to mention their GS series are mediocre at best.

I've not used their lower-end lineups nor their "early work" so to speak, but from my experiences with the HX line (HX1000 and HX620, primarily. The HX1000 runs my current prime rig, and both my mATX specialty PCs are running HX620s), they provide clean power and are spec'ed realistically for operating conditions, as opposed to the many PSUs that are rated deceptively - Those that are rated for 600w, but only for short spikes and at sub-room temperature and actually give you closer to 300w of real power. At current, they seem to have the best lineup across the mid-to-high grade array in their TX, HX, and AX series. I don't know about their GS line, but from what I can see even if they're mediocre, they're probably way better than the Rosewill garbage that usually competes at the low end.

Why even spend that on a 850w unit?

Just buy a Corsair TX950 for ~$140 and be done with it... Great unit.
The xfx ones are like $140 as well, plus modular and whatnot. TX950 is a good unit as well though.
Well, the AX750/850 are Seasonic X based, and the XFX is an M12D. There is naturally going to be a price difference.
Of course, M12D is still an excellent platform.

Guys quick question, my current ps is a Ultra X connect 750watt and on its last leg. I installed a 3rd HD the other day and now i get this real high pitched sound. Already swapped PS with my bother and confirmed that's the problem.

Im looking to upgrade but not sure how many watts will suite my needs. My set-up right now is a AMD 6000, 2 gigs of ram, 3 HD, DVD D, 4 fans, 8800gt, sound card. Im going to upgrade to a Intel i7 930, 2 more gigs of ram and upgrade video cards to a 5850. Im stuck on modular PS have had one for the past 5 years. Looking at getting a Corsair, will the 650hx be sufficient enough or 750hx watt?

Would appreciate some input as iv been outta the whole PS loop for a while now.

There a few PSU wattage calculators out there.

I tend to just buy 1000W PSU for some overhead/peace of mind and worry-free upgrade paths (you know, 3-4 cards in SLI :)

Guys quick question, my current ps is a Ultra X connect 750watt and on its last leg. I installed a 3rd HD the other day and now i get this real high pitched sound. Already swapped PS with my bother and confirmed that's the problem.

Im looking to upgrade but not sure how many watts will suite my needs. My set-up right now is a AMD 6000, 2 gigs of ram, 3 HD, DVD D, 4 fans, 8800gt, sound card. Im going to upgrade to a Intel i7 930, 2 more gigs of ram and upgrade video cards to a 5850. Im stuck on modular PS have had one for the past 5 years. Looking at getting a Corsair, will the 650hx be sufficient enough or 750hx watt?

Would appreciate some input as iv been outta the whole PS loop for a while now.

The 650 will be plenty for the i7 build you're planning.

Thanks for the reply Ramon!! Just curious how does one go about actually knowing how much power a rig needs?

Thanks for the reply Ramon!! Just curious how does one go about actually knowing how much power a rig needs?

PSU calculators can be helpful, or knowing the power draw of components. I pretty much just go by experience personally.

I just ordered the AX850, I just hope it doesn't have coil whine from the graphics card. I had a corsair PSU 2 years ago that would coil whine when ever nvidia card hit high fps. I returned it after 1 RMA with the same issue.

I want to finish my new build and didn't feel like waiting god knows how long for the seasonic X-850.

I just ordered the AX850, I just hope it doesn't have coil whine from the graphics card. I had a corsair PSU 2 years ago that would coil whine when ever nvidia card hit high fps. I returned it after 1 RMA with the same issue.

I want to finish my new build and didn't feel like waiting god knows how long for the seasonic X-850.

the ax850 and seasonic x850 are the exact same psu..

Yeah, just because a unit is based off of the same platform does not make it identical. Corsair can spec changes to the platform that they see fit. Sort of the same reason that some manufacturers have ruined decent platforms with their changes to it.

Why does the CX430 only have 2 years warranty? I though all corsairs came with 5?

Still the new models look great, if this one ever break i'm surely going back to corsair

Why does the CX430 only have 2 years warranty? I though all corsairs came with 5?

Still the new models look great, if this one ever break i'm surely going back to corsair
CX PSUs are budget models so they don't have as lengthy warranties as the higher-end models.

great news, fully modular FW. the AX850 is my next PSU. any [H] review on the way?

any particular reason the 750 & 850 are Seasonic based and the 1200 is Flextronics based?

more info about the 1200 single 12v rail?

Honestly I believe it's an evolution of the X-series but I don't know that for a fact, so I'll double-check with our engineers.

and?

edit: it looks very very ...... spectacular :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KafBbKeRx_4

Last edited:
any particular reason the 750 & 850 are Seasonic based and the 1200 is Flextronics based?

Flextronics came up with a 1200W model that satisfied Corsairs needs, from what Redbeard mentioned another place. It's possible it could also have been a Seasonic, as that company has a 1200W model in the works, but unfortunately it's not ready for production yet afaik.

Back