New Core2Duo Build Problem

AnNiMosSiTY

Limp Gawd
I just bought parts for a new rig and they arrived today I got

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6400 -

RetailCOOLMAX CR-550B ATX 550W "140mm Fan" Power Supply - Retail

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK - Retail

SAPPHIRE 100189L Radeon X1900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 VIVO HDCP Video Card - Retail

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler - Retail

LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model SHD-16S1S-05 - OEM

Here is the problem, I start puting everything together and install only the PSU, Mobo, CPU and video card. When i power it up for the first time the leds light up the fans turn on for about 4-5 seconds then powers off. Then it powers on again by itself for about 4-5 seconds then turns off over and over till I turn the power off. I thought i may have missed something so i look and couldnt find nething it keeps doin the same thing.

I decide to try some other parts. I try my brothers PSU and video card in my system and it does the SAME thing. Only thing else is the CPU and motherboard, am i missing something? If anyone can help me out i would appreciate it. Im dying to use my system I just hope i dont have any DOA parts. Everything is from NewEgg.

Please Help!

It may be a DOA board or it could be the RAM as well.

It may be the CPU, but i would lean more towards the RAM or Board.

Other thing it could be is that the ram needs more volts than the stock settings on the board...

Is your board in your case yet, or are you just testing your parts first?
If it's in your case, double check and make sure that the board is mounted correctly. Sounds like a short, just make sure that the back of your board isn't touching any part of the case...

ok when i did this the ram was not installed. The back of the board looks good just the screw contacts are touching. I tried it outside of the case and installed in the case to.

Jesus christ i could have sworn to god I have done this before without RAM. The only reason I didnt have RAM in is because its the only part that hasnt arrived yet, they will be here monday. I yanked a stick outta my brothers rig and it booted fine. I feel like a complete fuckin idiot right now. Thanks for the help though.

Also in future... another important part to hook up is the system speaker (if you have one.) You could have said...

Hey system won't post getting three beeps.

And you would have gotten an answer... bad ram man.

Back