• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New "Core" system, whaddya think?

Iconz

Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
636
Corsair VS1GBKIT533D2 1GB Kit DDR2-533 PC2-4200 Value Select Memory Retail 1 $184.00
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor Socket 939 Retail 1 $190.00
MSI NX6600GT-TD128E GeForce 6600 GT PCI Express 128MB DDR3 Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail 1 $184.99
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 ULTRA-D nForce4 Ultra Athlon 64(FX)/Sempron Skt939 DDR 1 $147.00
Subtotal $705.99

I have everything else from comp in my sig....all products are from ZZF
Any imput?
 
Iconz said:
Corsair VS1GBKIT533D2 1GB Kit DDR2-533 PC2-4200 Value Select Memory Retail 1 $184.00
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor Socket 939 Retail 1 $190.00
MSI NX6600GT-TD128E GeForce 6600 GT PCI Express 128MB DDR3 Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail 1 $184.99
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 ULTRA-D nForce4 Ultra Athlon 64(FX)/Sempron Skt939 DDR 1 $147.00
Subtotal $705.99

I have everything else from comp in my sig....all products are from ZZF
Any imput?

I think I see a problem.
 
Well, I'll make it obvious. DDR2 is a no-go on any AMD system. Get the Corsair Value Select 1GB DDR400 kit with CL2.5. It's $138 on ZZF. Corsair may be pretty darn good at ensuring that their RAM is as broadly compatible as possible, but no amount of effort on their part is going to make 240 pin DDR2 modules work in 184 pin DDR sockets or with a DDR RAM controller built into a socket 939 CPU. Honest gaffe buddy, but kind of funny nonetheless ;) Everything else looks ok dude. Let me know if you have any questions about a new hard drive to get :D
 
DougLite said:
Well, I'll make it obvious. DDR2 is a no-go on any AMD system. Get the Corsair Value Select 1GB DDR400 kit with CL2.5. It's $138 on ZZF. Corsair may be pretty darn good at ensuring that their RAM is as broadly compatible as possible, but no amount of effort on their part is going to make 240 pin DDR2 modules work in 184 pin DDR sockets or with a DDR RAM controller built into a socket 939 CPU. Honest gaffe buddy, but kind of funny nonetheless ;) Everything else looks ok dude. Let me know if you have any questions about a new hard drive to get :D

Guess my bolding didn't show up as well as I thought. So I fixed it ;)
 
Back
Top