New computer

MoBsTa

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
241
I was thinking of getting a computer like this:

AMD athlon 64 3400+
any mobo with PCIE (no SLI)
nvidia geforce 6800 GT
1GB Corsair RAM dual-channel
420W of power

How much do you guys think a machine like that would cost? Keep in mind adding the keyboard, monitor, mouse, and other things.

I really don't want to spend more than $1400

I might make it myself, but I am only 16 so I don't think so........
 
its gonna cost more then 1400, i built the following with $1450
A64 3000+ winchester retail
K8N neo2 platnium motherboard(agp)
evga 6800gt
mushkin 2x512 lvl2 v2 tccd ram
80gb western digital caviler harddrive with 8mb of cache
Asus 52x cdrom
lianli PC65B case
fotron 500w blue storm powersupply
logitech X-530 5,1 speakers
Razer Dianmondback optical gaming mouse
Lite-ON(i think) cheapo $5 keyboard but its nicer then any ive used

if your ocing stay away from this ram, even though its TCCD it will only hit 210 stock timings for me now
 
lol i find a problem is on this forum when you guys suggest parts you should put it all in not just partial, 284-150 for a crt,-20 for a decent mouse-5 for a keyboard 80 for a psu and you haave hardly any money for a case. then you need IDE cables

what id like to ask this guy is what size monitor do you want, what type of speaker(2,2.1,5.1 ect) and pick a case you like for us to start from there.

ps stay away from SATA will save you hassel in the long run
 
Back
Top