New Computer won't Post

GhostCow

Limp Gawd
So i put together a new computer today and i can't get it to post! it's driving me mad!

The lights all turn on and all the fans spin (except the second case fan)

I've tried unplugging all the ide cables and taking out the ram, but nothing seems to work! Suggestions?

Also, I really hate whoever designed the heatsinks for socket 939. I can't get the lever on it to turn without unlaching the heatsink, so I've got it latched, but not locked. Hopefully that won't cause problems.

i've also tried resetting the cmos, but to no avail.

sssssss'm not getting any beeps or anything.

so taking out ram didn't do anything (no beeps at all..?)
how many sticks of ram do you have? did you try either of them..? and in different slots..? I used to have an Asus mobo, that once in a while would refuse to boot - but messing with ram always (usualy..) did the trick...
If that doesn't help - I'd take everything out of the case and try booting only with the vid card, memory and CPU..

GhostCow said:
So i put together a new computer today and i can't get it to post! it's driving me mad!

The lights all turn on and all the fans spin (except the second case fan)

I've tried unplugging all the ide cables and taking out the ram, but nothing seems to work! Suggestions?

Also, I really hate whoever designed the heatsinks for socket 939. I can't get the lever on it to turn without unlaching the heatsink, so I've got it latched, but not locked. Hopefully that won't cause problems.

i've also tried resetting the cmos, but to no avail.

sssssss'm not getting any beeps or anything.

It sounds to me like something is not proper with your CPU installation, do you have anyone who can check it for you? (that knows more than you?). I am not trying to insult you AT ALL, but I think you might be missing something here.

There are 4 necessary components for a computer to POST properly.
-Motherboard
-CPU
-Graphics Card
-RAM

There could be a number of things that prevent a successful post, first and most obvious is if one of the above isn't working properly. If you have any IDE, USB devices or PCI cards plugged into the mobo, disconnect them. That includes any modem or sound card, or hard drives/cd drives. Then try booting. Also make sure you have any secondary power cables connected to the motherboard and to the videocard if there are any.

And what are your system components?

Back