New computer time, help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieO

Gawd
Hey guys, I apologize in advance for probably the 40000000th thread with this same intent. I'll be straight up; I used to be computer crazy, built all my PCs etc...but the last 5 years with work and family I am totally out of the loop. My computer is getting a little long in the tooth and I want to upgrade, but don't really have time to build one myself.

So, what the heck do I get? I've done some reading, but I figured I'd ask the guys that really know. Budget is ~$2k max, honestly I'd love to stick under $1500 but if it's not reasonable I am ok with more. Pre-made, warrantied computer... I am good on a monitor unless the only option is to get a PC with one.

Requirements aren't insane - the most intense thing I do is game occasionally. I just bought The Witcher 2 and realized I don't meet the min requirements. :/ I'd like to be able to run it smooth @1900+ res.

Suggestions?

Take this post over to Max Force pc and he'll configure something for you that will meet your needs.

For occasional game play, I doubt you will need to spend $2000

Build one yourself.

Buying now?

Sandy bridge core i5 2600.
Motherboard that has UEFI instead of bios
Solid state boot drive.
Nvidia 560 or amd 6850.

If you are buying in a little, there will be some different choices in a couple months.

I'm not a mac guy myself, but if I was ever looking for a prebuilt computer, I might go with one of the new iMacs and put win 7 on it. They seem pretty powerful. To stay with a pc, id go Dell; their warranty support is awesome.

Build one yourself.

Buying now?

Sandy bridge core i5 2600.
Motherboard that has UEFI instead of bios
Solid state boot drive.
Nvidia 560 or amd 6850.

If you are buying in a little, there will be some different choices in a couple months.

The OP himself stated he doesn't have the time to build it himself (you can scroll up and read it yourself) so why 1)disregard the OP's stated displeasure with building it himself and 2) disregard the rules of this very subforum by telling him to build it himself?

The OP himself stated he doesn't have the time to build it himself (you can scroll up and read it yourself) so why 1)disregard the OP's stated displeasure with building it himself and 2) disregard the rules of this very subforum by telling him to build it himself?

First, unlike a lot of other things, building your own computer is now an accessible activity... I will always encourage people to do it, as they will always come out happier and more knowledgeable.

Second, I apologize for not seeing the sub-forum rule. I clicked in from the main page (you do realize, they post the latest threads, right?). report me and have me banned if you want. whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back