Monarch Cart:
~Opteron 170 Retail
~Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe

Newegg Cart:
~Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
~SILVERSTONE SST-ST60F ATX 600W Power Supply - Retail
~Antec 75003 120mm Ball Case Cooling Fan - Retail
~Scythe SCNJ-1000 CPU Cooling Heatsink - Retail
~G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel

Performance-PC's Cart:
~Modified LianLi PC-1000B...Blowhole and Window

I should have everything listen here minus videocards. I plan on picking up two 7900GT's when they come out. Questions, comments, etc. appreciated.

PS. I heard about PSU cables not being long enough to reach cards etc, do you think there would be a problem with my new case and PSU?

Last edited:
Thanks for noticing, but I have a LiteOn DVD Burner that is almost brand new out of my old Intel rig that I'll be using.

Really going all-out here aren't you? I would add in some Arctic Silver 5 for the CPU and GPUs, and switch the Silverstone to a PC Power & Cooling 510W. It should be around the same price point, but the PCP&C is by far the best power supply ever created.

Ok quick question I have you have G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel

But don't most motherboards right now only took DDR 400 for AMD mobo's and DDR2 for Intel. Is this an AMD board and can that motherboard and other AMD's take that RAM, just a question I wanted to ask, might sound noobish.

Ok, last question.

With the heatpipe cooling, do you think the chipset will get hot in my case? I don't think it will, considering three 120mm fans.

[H]Opterown said:
Ok, last question.

With the heatpipe cooling, do you think the chipset will get hot in my case? I don't think it will, considering three 120mm fans.

The issue is with cases in which the motherboard is mounted upside down, such as the Lian Li you have chosen. It affects the thermal attenuation of the heatpipe and causes the chipset to heat up. There is however an included fan you can mount on the heatsink, although it's rather cumbersome.

You may look into the DFI Expert as an alternative to your board.

Lame, my new power supply is too big to fit in the case. Oh well, I'm not sending it back as long as it works, I can deal with it sticking out in the back.

[H]Opterown said:
Lame, my new power supply is too big to fit in the case. Oh well, I'm not sending it back as long as it works, I can deal with it sticking out in the back.
Simply drill out the serarator and one HD cage, problem fixed. I have the same PSU as you btw.

Back