• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New computer, old drives in new PC

_untitled_

n00b
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
24
I recently received a secondary PC.

My main PC has two 300gb hard drives, one being c:/ and the other for storage.

I'm wondering what will happen if I put the c:/ from this main pc into the compaq system as the c:/ if it will work or not, I vaigly remember having troubles in the past but its been a few years.
 
If they're the same type of processor, you've probably got a chance of getting it to work. You might have to do a "repair install" with an XP cd, especially if you're moving from a Pentium to an Athlon or vice versa.
 
Back
Top