Hey all,
Been a while since I have wandered into this subforum as it has been quite a while since I have put together a new PC.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions/insights provided. I always respect the information that comes out of this subforum.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
This computer will be my backup PC while I upgrade my main PC. It will be used for 4k gaming. Eventually I might even want to use it as a VR rig.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$250 -- I am extremely flexible on budget -- but don't rec enterprise SSDs please and I'm pretty sure I don't need a 1600w platinum rated PSU.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Concord, CA -- I live on top of Fry's essentially. No microcenter unfortunately.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I need a CPU cooler, PSU and SSD
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
What I already have -- motherboard (ASRock Z97 Fatal1ty Killer), CPU (4790k!), case, HDDs, RAM. I will also be purchasing a GTX 1070 most likely for this build as I can't justify a flagship GPU for a backup gaming rig.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Yes.
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
I have a 28" 4k but also will be getting a 34" 3440x1440 widescreen monitor.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
All parts besides GPU will be bought this week. Possibly even today.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
N/A
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Will most likely be using w10 for this build as I haven't had any chance to play with it.
Thanks again for any help.
Been a while since I have wandered into this subforum as it has been quite a while since I have put together a new PC.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions/insights provided. I always respect the information that comes out of this subforum.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
This computer will be my backup PC while I upgrade my main PC. It will be used for 4k gaming. Eventually I might even want to use it as a VR rig.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$250 -- I am extremely flexible on budget -- but don't rec enterprise SSDs please and I'm pretty sure I don't need a 1600w platinum rated PSU.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Concord, CA -- I live on top of Fry's essentially. No microcenter unfortunately.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I need a CPU cooler, PSU and SSD
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
What I already have -- motherboard (ASRock Z97 Fatal1ty Killer), CPU (4790k!), case, HDDs, RAM. I will also be purchasing a GTX 1070 most likely for this build as I can't justify a flagship GPU for a backup gaming rig.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Yes.
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
I have a 28" 4k but also will be getting a 34" 3440x1440 widescreen monitor.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
All parts besides GPU will be bought this week. Possibly even today.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
N/A
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Will most likely be using w10 for this build as I haven't had any chance to play with it.
Thanks again for any help.