new computer, bad ghosting

blue_heart71

Limp Gawd
i just built cad workstation for a friend (quadro 3400), the first crt monitor which i used to install windows and programs worked great, but when we moved the computer to another room and hooked it up to another crt monitor there was bad ghosting, then tried another crt monitor in the same room but the ghosting didnt disappear.

what is the reason for this behaviour? and how can i get rid of it?

cound be a few things
a) improperly plugged cables
b) electromagnetic interference, an electronic device could be interfering with the graph cards signals, aka underprotected cables.

I bet on money on answer b. Make sure that their isn't another speakers, fans, or anything else that could be causing interference.

sorry guys, i forgot to add that there is another computer when hooked up to any of the 2 monitors there is no ghosting, the ghosting appears only when i hook the new computer to the monitor, also i am not moving the monitors, everything on its place.

blue_heart71 said:
sorry guys, i forgot to add that there is another computer when hooked up to any of the 2 monitors there is no ghosting, the ghosting appears only when i hook the new computer to the monitor, also i am not moving the monitors, everything on its place.
Uninstall video drivers and then reinstall the drivers.

this is what i am going to do, but i am still wondering why i worked properly in the other office and not working in the other one, will take it to the other office again and see.

problem solved

changed montior to gc cable and everything is fine now.

thanks for your help

Back