New codenames unearthed for AMD RDNA 3 GPUs

Marees

2[H]4U
What is in a name 🤔

AMD might be switching from fish codenames to crystalline rocks, as a shipping label, disclosed by popular hardware leaker Harukaze5179, reveals. The shipping manifesto suggests that AMD uses a new "Cuarzo" codename for its existing Navi 3X GPUs. This label was reportedly obtained from the company's Canadian HQ when the mentioned SKUs were shipped to the firm's labs globally.

Now the naming convention used by AMD is "Cuarzo", a Spanish word, that refers to the element "Quartz" in English. The new naming is divided into three categories: Cuarzo Rojo, Cuarzo Verde, and Cuarzo Azul, translating to Red Quartz, Green Quartz, and Blue Quartz respectively. We have no idea why AMD decided to choose such names for its Navi SKUs, but given the company's previous track records, it isn't a surprising one, in fact, far better than "Pink Sardine" or "Hotpink Bonefish".

https://wccftech.com/amd-navi-3x-rd...-codename-hints-possible-navi-32-mobile-skus/

AMD-Radeon-RX-7000-RDNA-3-Navi-3X-Navi-32-GPUs-_-Manifesto.png

GPU stuff should go in the CPU section?? LOL… Don’t you ever get tired of policing people’s posts? It seems very unnecessary.
nope, wrong link... fixed
or people could post things in the right place. there are forum sections for a reason.

What even is the point of a tech news section? I know I don't want to have to trawl 15 other subforums just to see if there's an update on generative AI, or whatever.
Exactly. Already brought it up with pendragon. He seems to think the news section is pointless.

I thought this was news. Not a rumour. These code names are real names given by AMD
Just keep doing what you're doing. You're fine.

Back