New chips at the Egg

spadefoot

Limp Gawd
Did anyone else notice that the new Intel C2D's were listed as available at NewEgg this morning? I went to lunch, and when I came back, they were gone from the listing. I wonder if it was a mistake, or if they have them but are holding them for the purpose of price cuts/depleting old inventory.

I was excited, as I've been waiting for them to show up at the Egg to buy one.

IIRC, the prices they listed were: (I'm pretty sure these three were new to Newegg)

E4400: $159
E6320: $189
E6420: $227

They were there and then they took them back down lol, i had my cart all primed and ready for check out and i come back an hour later and it says out of stock

The 6420 is 199 over at ZZF with free shipping. :)

I'd love to wait the last couple days for the price cuts, but I don't care anymore. My computer is shot and I need a new one asap.

The E6320 and E6420 sure didn't last long on the Egg's website. One day. Why didn't they just list them as out of stock instead of completely taking them down. I guess they have their reasons, but it sure seems strange to me. Maybe it has something to do with the big drop in prices for the "old" c2d's today.

CB

The E6320 and E6420 sure didn't last long on the Egg's website. One day. Why didn't they just list them as out of stock instead of completely taking them down. I guess they have their reasons, but it sure seems strange to me. Maybe it has something to do with the big drop in prices for the "old" c2d's today.

CB

The rumor is Intel told them to take them down till next week.:)

The rumor is Intel told them to take them down till next week.:)

It seems kind of strange that the Egg would be asked to not sell (or even "display") these new cpu's on their website while other online merchants (ZZF & BLT, e.g.) show them as available and in stock. It looks to me like the Egg might be getting the long end of the shaft on this one.

CB

I dont know why youd want to buy it there anyways. Mwave has cheaper prices.

If youre a member at fatwallet, you can get 3% cash back on them all as well. On top of that the E4300 has a $5.00 pricegrabber rebate which makes it around $109 before shipping/tax.

So, anyone have a link to the new Core 2 lineup and specs?

thanks

This what you're looking for?

core2pricecuts.PNG

must ... not ... buy ... 10 6420's ... MOOOOOOOOOO!

yes, like a cow

Yeah, what's up with the 'egg? ZZF has the 6420 and 6320 in stock, but the 'egg doesn't even have them listed.

Well i just checked the egg this mourning and ALOT of their stuff is out of stock i have no clue why maybe there getting another shipment in sometime this week and prices will drop and thats when they will put the new procs up i dont know just a theory i have lol.:D

not waiting on the egg any longer.

I could not wait either, i ordered from BLT last week. The 6420 has proved to be a good little chip so far. Right now I'm at 3600mhz and I think theres more headroom yet, just have to find the right settings. For the money , great chip.

My 6600 should be here today, according to tracking info. Looking forward to my first Intel build in years!

I could not wait either, i ordered from BLT last week. The 6420 has proved to be a good little chip so far. Right now I'm at 3600mhz and I think theres more headroom yet, just have to find the right settings. For the money , great chip.

Very nice! how many volts are you into?

just ordered from ZZF this AM. 2 day shipping. I should be done cutting my case to pieces by the time it gets here.

Very nice! how many volts are you into?

just ordered from ZZF this AM. 2 day shipping. I should be done cutting my case to pieces by the time it gets here.

Hey bro, I'm at 1.5vcore right now. Good luck to you man, hope you get a gem!

Awesome man. I hope I have the same luck with mine, although I don't want to go higher than 3.2 with my AC7 Pro just yet. I'll wait till I go water someday. ;)

Awesome man. I hope I have the same luck with mine, although I don't want to go higher than 3.2 with my AC7 Pro just yet. I'll wait till I go water someday. ;)

can't sneeze at 3.2 with a 20 dollar aftermarket cooler!

Back