New Case

Rebeldawg

Limp Gawd
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this case from thermaltake:
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=CA-VG4KBNS ... normally i wouldn't even
think about spending that much for a case but it seems like a really nice case and
the looks of it i wouldn't have much trouble upgrading the mobo and other parts in
the future... any help would be appreciated..

My house has 3 Xaser III full towers and they are very nice. The fan controller helps keep the 7 80mm fans reasonably quiet, solid (heavy) construction on the steel cases, and I would have bought a VI if it had been around when I was looking.
Instead, I received my current Lian-Li V2100+, and upgraded to that.
2x120s + good thermals >> 7x80mm + fan controls.

Be warned, the plastic no-screws system on the Xasers are notorious with some video cards, but otherwise work as specified.

Cable management on the Xaser III is kind of a pain, but manageable if you are patient. It has so many fans that it almost doesn't matter.
Since the Xaser VI can fit 6x140s, so cable management is also going to be important.

Stability is an issue with top-heavy full tower systems. The Xasers keep the PS @ the top (traditional), and most people put the DVD drives @ the top too. I don't see any feet, which my Xaser has (4 plastic ones that swing out)

What kind of rig are you going for?
This isn't going to be moving much, and you really don't have handles on it.

Between the Lian-Li V2100+ and the Xaser VI, I think I'd take the Xaser VI, but only because of the ease of internal water cooling and removable MB tray.

If you aren't WC, check out some Lian-Li's, or even a Mountain Mod case

-Steven

I haven't really got too many details yet other than the fact it's going to be
used for gaming and i seriously doubt i'll be moving it much so the fact it's
going to be heavy isn't much of a concern..

Back