New Case : the Pype

cornerjack

n00b
It's a new case which can be personalized with the request.
You can discover more photographs on OvercleX.

photo23.jpg

photo5.jpg

Do not hesitate to put your questions :D
Thanks.

Is it supposed to make me throw up a little bit in my mouth ?

dumbest.idea.ever

1. that case is amazing! :cool:

2. don't listen to jerks who post unfunny tv and movie lines in a feeble attempt to insult you

3. how much does it weigh?

Smelly Shizzle said:
2. don't listen to jerks who post unfunny tv and movie lines in a feeble attempt to insult you

Assuming this comment was directed at me, It wasnt an insult attempt, all questions are welcome and I was just clearly expressing my opinion towards the case in the form of a question.
Also, unfunny tv and movie lines? Where did that one come from?

On another note, I just don't see why anyone would purchase this case. Sure it's amusing to look at but its not the sort of thing someone is going to buy unless their last doorstop went missing.

chucken said:
dumbest.idea.ever

That comes from the Simpsons, professor, whether you are aware of it or not.

In the future, you should probably avoid making blanket statements like "Sure it's amusing to look at but its not the sort of thing someone is going to buy unless their last doorstop went missing." That may apply to you, but not necessarily anybody else.

I have seen this type of case a number of times, and they seem to be practical for LAN parties, as the shape is easier to carry than standard rectangular cases. This one looks like it even has a rubberized handle for carrying.

Troney1169 said:
It came from Dodgeball
Sorry, havent heard of it.
Ah well, not like that's where it originated from anyway.

Edit:
HaMMerHeD said:
That may apply to you, but not necessarily anybody else.
I was under the impression that this thread was for questions/expressing opinions on said case.

I like it !

Something original.. I'm tired of seeing the same old same old case... no matter how many lights are on it

To return to the case, its weight is of 6.5kg (case + power supply).
And it's true qu'il is easy to move in lan thanks to its handle.

photo22.jpg

For information, the motherboard is a microATX.

Interesting idea, but it looks like it could be a little bulky. What are the dimensions of the case? I went to the site, but I don't know French.

Is it avaliable in North America? Canada more specifically, but the States as well.

Looks different, which is a good thing.

chucken said:
Assuming this comment was directed at me, It wasnt an insult attempt, all questions are welcome and I was just clearly expressing my opinion towards the case in the form of a question.

chucken said:

this is a rhetorical question vaguely implying that the look of this case possibly made you throw up. congratulations on finding that gem of a loophole. will you do my taxes?

chucken said:
On another note, I just don't see why anyone would purchase this case. Sure it's amusing to look at but its not the sort of thing someone is going to buy unless their last doorstop went missing.

11'' x 10'' x 14'' (if i did the conversions right...) isn't really that large, considering that there are bigger cases than that on the market (i did this before he showed the comparison pics).

chucken said:
dumbest.idea.ever

the idea of putting a computer in a differenty shaped case? the idea of making a computer easier to carry from place to place? what idea are you talking about? "dumbest.idea.ever" is so vague, especially since there have been much worse ideas.

in summation, your posts make you look like either a jerk or a poser. take your pick. just remember that God kills a kitten while you make your time cause it makes the baby Jesus cry

worst. episode. ever.

how about you guys argue your tv crap through PM's instead of trashing this guys thread.

the case looks pretty sweet, not practical for my purposes but cool nonetheless.

Seeing as I can't read a word on the site, could someone tell me if it's possible to buy it from the US? Depending on the price I would be very interested in buying one.

the front looks like crap. they could have at least painted it. other than that it looks ok. sorry but i'll keep my shuttle.

that case doest look like my cup of tea. personaly ide rather have the shuttle, but that company makes some awesome looking other stuff. i wish i could read it hah.

chucken said:

dumbest.idea.ever

What was the last case you modded? Why don't you post a picture of that and let us be the judge on whether or not you're in any position to post such a comment.

Constructive criticism is always welcomed by any modder, but in your case, you don't seem to get that concept. Instead, you decide that ignorantly flaming somebody's hard work seems to be your cup of tea. Next time you have an itching to post crap, particularly about something that you may not be in any position to, please show some respect for the artist and the people that read these threads.

Think before you speak. :)

cornerjack said:
Even while using Babel Fish, you cannot read l'article? The translation is not good ?

In order to use that tool I need to know what language the site is in to begin with. Besides, when I have tried to use translaters I have gotten nothing but horrible broken english out of them.

I just want to know if its for sell everywhere or just in...Belgium? France? I dunno.

interesting idea but not my cup of tea...I still like my shuttle cause with a VERY simple mod I put a handle on it so it is easy to tote to LANs

Interesting concept. I too would be interested in finding out whether it will be available in the USA, and for how much?

As far as your question
Even while using Babel Fish, you cannot read l'article? The translation is not good ?

Let's just say that the translations is.....er.....interesting!! For instance:
To expose the carcass, one needs déclipser the cap which resembles that once withdrawn.
WOW!! That's nearly as interesting as hearing me trying to speak any language other than good ol' american english!! :eek: LOL ;)

Shadowspawn said:
Seeing as I can't read a word on the site, could someone tell me if it's possible to buy it from the US? Depending on the price I would be very interested in buying one.

Me too!

Interesting concept, hope you find a market. I can just imagine, though, bringing that to a lan and having some goof-ball knock it a little and have it roll down to the floor.. etc. Just doesn't look stable, and compared to the sff cases already it seems a bit large.

cornerjack,
I would like one, but I am in the US, 53211 zip. FWIW, I dont use floppy drives anymore, and even though it looks sweet, could I get the floppy converted to a 5.25"?.. cuz that I could use! I like the design, but I would like more floppy bays.

What kind of PSU is that?

I don't have too many comments, but the two main comments I have are
1. it would be great if we could read the site (as previously posted)
2. cool looking case

Conundrum

cornerjack said:
It's a new case which can be personalized with the request.
You can discover more photographs on OvercleX.

photo23.jpg

photo5.jpg

Do not hesitate to put your questions :D
Thanks.

Ok..I have a few questions

1) Case material looks to be sgcc steel.. Correct?

2) Looks like although bigger than a shuttle, it'd be heavy. What is the weight

3) What is the cost to the 32114 zip code, us of a

4) Motherboard size supprt : Is it mATX or is it full size atx (12x13 by any chance?)

5) Top bay is obviously for optical . Is bottom floppy sized?

6) How many hidden 3.5" bays are there?

7) Want to send one to me to give a review of? Unpainted or painted is fine.

this case looks awesome..i bet that in the next few decades, computers will take on a hex shape, or even one of these pype shapes....cause they are nice..a definite change from the boxes that we have..

.totally moddable,maybe be tricky to paint, but the case mod community will fix that once cases like these spread out through the market.

reminds me of that nuclear bomb case that that one guy is doing with the innovatek water cooling res...forgot the link...

Back