New case, No ideas.

bob

2[H]4U
I Have a 4U rackmount case that I picked up at a scrapyard for $10.00, most of the cost was due to the 5 or 6 scsi cdrom drives that were in it, since they charge by the pound.

Interesting thing about this case, is the side panels on it. None of this flimsly slide-in screw in side panels that I always end up bending the tabs on during LAN parties.

Here are the pictures (56k, no need to hold yourselfs back). The weird blanket was there for contrast, I was going to edit out all the background around the case and I needed something as a background color.

The case is a blank slate as far as modding is concerned. It originally had a steel plate that screwed in the back which held the powersupplies for the CDroms. Front, the cdrom drives slid in and screwed in. You can see where I Cut and welded it down to where it will only hold 1 cdrom drive. I may even eliminate that completley.

Im very interested in this, because the case is made of thick steel and very rigid. Im not quite sure which way to go with this thing. I Could just weld hte back and front shut, and modify it to accept a standard Micro-atx board, and have a plain case with pop-out sidepanels.

Or, I could keep it [H] and do some crazy shit. Anyone have any ideas on what I should try?

Back