• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New case, is watercooling possible?

NV-man

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
213
Hi, I just became a member yesterday and I have a couple of questions. Anyways my ATC-110-SX2 just shipped out and I was wondering if it is big enough for water cooling? I've never in my life built a watercooled computer so I have no idea where to even start. If someone could just give me a list of parts that I need for a complete watercooling setup that would be greatly appreciated! Also is the case big enough? I'll probably build the following:
3800X2
2 gigs of memory
evga Geforce 7800GT
with free Sli mobo,

the parts I have and will use
Cooler Master ATC-110-SX2
PC Power and Cooling 510W Sli PSU
120gig sata
dvd drive
 
of course you can cool the ATC-110! take my old system for example. if i were you id fit a Thermochill PA120.2 Double 120mm Radiator up top (where my rad is and other half in 5.25" bay), put a D5 pump in the 3.5" bay. sorry, im a bit partial Dangerden stuff, even thought a few of Swiftechs products provide slightly better cooling, i rather have the look of a dangerden system. heres a list of parts to start you off with:

all from Dangerden
DD TDX
DD G5 Pump
Thermochill PA120.2 Radiator
Maze4 GPU (or NV-78 if you really want it..)
~10' 1/2" Tygon Tubing
T-Line (no need for resevoir)


IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg
 
its a longshot, but if your in the Bay Area, CA. id be happy to help you out with your watercooling. the ATC-110 has major possibilities......
 
Damn! I live in New York City, How did you mount all those things? the ATC-110 that I'm getting from smoothcreations has a high-gloss silver/black custom paint job, and I wouldn't want to ruin that by drilling holes or having to alter the case in some way. Also that ATC-210 looks stunning, nice job man!
 
well, the waterblocks are mounted to the mobo, the pump is just sitting freely in the 3.5" bay and the single 120mm radiator is screwed into the top panel. I had to enlarge the 80mm hole uptop to 120mm and cut part of the PSU cage so the radiator would fit.

the only radiator that you can mount in your case without cutting into it would be a single 80mm radiator, which i dont recommened since it wont provide the cooling needed for your sytem.

another option would be to have the radiator outside or in a radbox. i wouldnt recommend it since it destroys the overall look of such a nice system. i assume you want the whole water cooling system inside (for aesthetic reasons).

your options are quite limited. i wouldnt ruin such an expensive paint job either. i say just go high-end air cooling.
 
Ahh, damnit! If I knew what I was doing I might give it a shot, but since have no clue, I don't want to run the risk of destroying my beloved ATC-110. Thanks though! I guess I could try it out on my ATC-210 or 220. I also have the ATC-710 which is basically an Antec plusview server case with a nice aluminum front panel, could a water cooling set up fit in there? (wiht out drilling)
 
you can fit a double 80mm radiator in the ATC-710, either in the back exhaust or in the front intakes, but i wouldnt recommend it either (not enough cooling). you could fit a Double 120mm radiator in the front or a large heatcore, but you might need to drill some mountings holes on the interior front chassis and possibly enlarge the front 2 80mm holes.

post some pics of your ATC collection! i cant wait to see your ATC-110 when your done with it.
 
I guess I'll stick with air cooling for now. Until I get myself a TJ07 or a TJ03 that is. I couldn't believe that I actually found the ATC-110, I had looked for it for over a year and now by accident I found a seller that has 'em. smoothcreations (the place I bought it from) had the case for 150, I paid another 150 for the paint job which is the same paint job found on the old falcon northwests. (classic two-tone paintjob with pinstripes on the front) Once It gets here I'll defnitely post some pics of it and my entire collection. Ahh, how I love ATCS
 
Liquid_Cooled said:
you can fit a double 80mm radiator in the ATC-710, either in the back exhaust or in the front intakes, but i wouldnt recommend it either (not enough cooling). you could fit a Double 120mm radiator in the front or a large heatcore, but you might need to drill some mountings holes on the interior front chassis and possibly enlarge the front 2 80mm holes.

post some pics of your ATC collection! i cant wait to see your ATC-110 when your done with it.
nice set up boss
 
Liquid_Cooled said:
another option would be to have the radiator outside or in a radbox. i wouldnt recommend it since it destroys the overall look of such a nice system. i assume you want the whole water cooling system inside (for aesthetic reasons).

I had my rad outside of my case and when done properly it can look great but that's personaly preference. Even though I was getting much better cooling with it outside, I quickly became tired of cleaning all the dust it sucked in and moved it inside. If you do mount the rad inside definitely have the air blow out of the case.

Just my 2 cents based off my frist time WC'ing.
 
Back
Top