new case help

fightingfi

2[H]4U
on a laptop right now old case useless bent etc.........im looking a for case to hold a rtx nvidia 2070 its really LONG. room for LOTS of 120 mm fans to use from old case MUST have 1x120 rear fan 3 x 120 mm in the front would be nice AND i know i know its OLD but have alot of cd games to install 1 or 2 dvd bays also Tankies so Much in Advanced oh yes about 100 bucks price if Possible :D

was there something in particular you want help with? or are we your personal shoppers?

As always I recommend the Cooler Master Master Case 5 Pro. Not the one with the solid front panel, the one with the mesh.

*Edit, the original one like I have is hard to find & expensive now, here is the updated version of the same case (Without the top cover)
https://www.newegg.com/dark-metallic-grey-exterior-with-black-interior-cooler-master-mastercase-mc500-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811119340?item=N82E16811119340&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-pc-_-pla-_-cases+(computer+cases+-+atx+form)-_-N82E16811119340&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh_fe4f6h5AIVgpyzCh37Vw2cEAQYASABEgJhePD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

As always I recommend the Cooler Master Master Case 5 Pro. Not the one with the solid front panel, the one with the mesh.

*Edit, the original one like I have is hard to find & expensive now, here is the updated version of the same case (Without the top cover)
https://www.newegg.com/dark-metallic-grey-exterior-with-black-interior-cooler-master-mastercase-mc500-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811119340?item=N82E16811119340&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-pc-_-pla-_-cases+(computer+cases+-+atx+form)-_-N82E16811119340&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh_fe4f6h5AIVgpyzCh37Vw2cEAQYASABEgJhePD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
thanks for the info and link it has a 140 mm in the back I need a 120 mm rear fan for my AIO.

thanks for the info and link it has a 140 mm in the back I need a 120 mm rear fan for my AIO.

You can fit both 120 or 140. I currently have a 120mm fan in mine.

From specifications page:

Cooling System
Fan Options
Front: 3 x 120mm / 140mm fan (1 x 140mm fan Pre-installed)

Top: 2 x 120mm fan

Rear: 1 x 120mm / 140mm fan (1 x 140mm fan Pre-installed)

You can fit both 120 or 140. I currently have a 120mm fan in mine.

From specifications page:

Cooling System
Fan Options
Front: 3 x 120mm / 140mm fan (1 x 140mm fan Pre-installed)

Top: 2 x 120mm fan

Rear: 1 x 120mm / 140mm fan (1 x 140mm fan Pre-installed)
Thank you again Sir for all your kind Help :)

hey do you think it might be possible to put a 200 mm on top if you jerry rig it somehow? i ordered the case will be here Friday :)

hey do you think it might be possible to put a 200 mm on top if you jerry rig it somehow? i ordered the case will be here Friday :)

According to the specifications info the case is 9.25" in width, 200mm is 7.87402" so it may be possible. You would have to dremel it though. Glad I could help you with a case. Post pictures when you get it built :)

According to the specifications info the case is 9.25" in width, 200mm is 7.87402" so it may be possible. You would have to dremel it though. Glad I could help you with a case. Post pictures when you get it built :)
I was thinking about using zipties on the top to hold it in a got a free 200mm Noctua fan :)

I was thinking about using zipties on the top to hold it in a got a free 200mm Noctua fan :)

I guess you could do that too. The only problem I see is the 200mm fan circulating hot air due to the fact that the exit hole isn't big enough. I'd probably just stick with 1 or two 120mm fans.

I guess you could do that too. The only problem I see is the 200mm fan circulating hot air due to the fact that the exit hole isn't big enough. I'd probably just stick with 1 or two 120mm fans.
another question is what happens if you put a video card in Vertically? Do i lose any speed performance or any drawbacks to doing it at all?
does the case come with the bracket ir do i buy that separetly and how much or cheap can i get one please Thanks again !

another question is what happens if you put a video card in Vertically? Do i lose any speed performance or any drawbacks to doing it at all?
does the case come with the bracket ir do i buy that separetly and how much or cheap can i get one please Thanks again !

The case doesn't come with a vertical mounting options for the GPU. You would have to modify it & also purchase a riser cable for the PCI Express slot.

As far as performance goes, I see you have a 2070. So do I. Mounting the Video Card vertically would probably raise the temperature a few degrees because the fans are designed to push the air away, with the card being up against the glass in the vertical mounted position, it would probably trap a bit of the hot air around the GPU. Its up for debate though. I'd just stick with the traditional mounting method, but like I said you could always mod it, there is a lot of room in the case to tinker around with :)

The case doesn't come with a vertical mounting options for the GPU. You would have to modify it & also purchase a riser cable for the PCI Express slot.

As far as performance goes, I see you have a 2070. So do I. Mounting the Video Card vertically would probably raise the temperature a few degrees because the fans are designed to push the air away, with the card being up against the glass in the vertical mounted position, it would probably trap a bit of the hot air around the GPU. Its up for debate though. I'd just stick with the traditional mounting method, but like I said you could always mod it, there is a lot of room in the case to tinker around with :)
do you have any inside pics of your case i can see :) cant find anything online with this case to get some ideas for cabling etc... thanks !

do you have any inside pics of your case i can see :) cant find anything online with this case to get some ideas for cabling etc... thanks !

I'll try to get some to you. Its hard to find a decent hosting site now days, I don't think I have any recent pictures though.

Nothing fancy, but I think after seeing these pics. I may clean up the cables a bit. Don't go dissing my Velcro strapped Hard Drive, its got bottom mounts and works! lol.

Attachments

• 20190830_121801.jpg
    20190830_121801.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190830_122128.jpg
    20190830_122128.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190830_122204.jpg
    20190830_122204.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190830_121844.jpg
    20190830_121844.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 0
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my video card doesnt plug in the front like yours wtf...............

did you use the hdd bay on the side for you ssd's i cant figure out how to cable mine so i put them in teh hdd bay

did you say you can put 140's on top of teh case to i got 2x120 right now.....

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my video card doesnt plug in the front like yours wtf...............

did you use the hdd bay on the side for you ssd's i cant figure out how to cable mine so i put them in teh hdd bay

did you say you can put 140's on top of teh case to i got 2x120 right now.....

Its a 2070 reference (Founders) model, maybe they made different revisions. I have two SS's mounted to the back of the Motherboard Tray. I took the Hard Drive tray out completely.

Yep, you can mount 2 140's to the top (according to the specification sheet) I only have 1.

how did you mount the hdd's im confused as how to do so can you send a pic are the 140 incl fans any good , if not what are some good fans 140 to buy i dont want to spend 30 bucks on the noctua lol thanks !

Back