New case configuration query

infin@

Gawd
I have been seeing some cases lately with the motherboard aligned in a peculiar way. The graphic card and motherboard connections facing the top of the case. Doesn't this require a top compartment to route cables through? Anyway just wanted to hear some peoples opinion of this approach.

Can you post an example of this? I'm not quite clear on what you're referring to...

I assume they are referring to the RV01/02 in which there is a top cover to route the cable out the back. They are usually pretty large cases, but have good cooling.

It's an amazing case; great airflow too. However they are expensive cases $180-250.

RV02 / FT02

You route the wires thru the top and on the RV02 (the case I have), there's a shroud you cover the top with so it's not messy. It's just a diff way to mount the motherboard and offers very good cooling. If you do go with this case, make sure the video card you get doesn't have a fan in the middle. Preferably them reference card style heatsinks where the exhaust only blows out 1 direction instead of both. The design of the case is for cool air to be sucked from the bottom and hot air exits up top as hot air rises.

I assume they are referring to the RV01/02 in which there is a top cover to route the cable out the back. They are usually pretty large cases, but have good cooling.

Thats it, sorry couldn't find any pics of it just saw it in a MaxPc mag a while ago.

Here we go, any idea if this approach is better than say, reverse atx?

RV02_2s.jpg

I have the FT02 and I am seriously in love with it (except it blocks long optical drives like bluray/DVD combo drives tend to be).

I like it much better than normal ATX. The air is drawn in and blown out much quicker and more directly on the essential components.

I have never experienced reverse ATX so I couldn't say much about that.

Considering this approach for my next watercooling setup now. A new look + new challenge. :D

Back