• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New card

Vorret

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 26, 2003
Messages
1,100
Hi...

I'm currently using an ATI Radeo 9500pro...

I just bought a 1600pro, first question is... how big of an uppgrade I'll see over my old card?

Second... do I just put the card in the computer and it'll work ? Usually I change my hardware all together and format my hard drive, but I don't feel like formating today. Is it going to use the same driver fine or I need to do some rollback?

Thanks in advance!
 
I'm not familiar with 1600's so I don't know how much of an upgrade it would be, but if the video card is the only piece that you upgraded, then you definately don't need to format your HD. Just uninstall old video drivers using a "driver cleaner" and install new drivers.
 
You'll see a helluva increase in speed and visual quality....the exact difference won't be known until you actually trade out your card, so get to it!

As for your drivers, as was suggested above, just uninstall your old drivers via drivercleaner and insatll the newest off of ati's site.
 
Well i had a 9500 pro lol!! oh man, it was the shiznit! for a little while, i got its core to 650mhz/ and memory to 640mhz, but i didnt fry it unfortunetly! and a weak later it started working again and i sold it on ebay.. funny, u should see good difference
 
Back
Top