New card not installing

GSDragoon

Limp Gawd
So I just got in my new card today (Ordered this: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1315103) Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music OEM SB0670. I currently have one of those lousey Audigy SE cards. I saw this deal and thought it would be a nice upgrade. So I went to swap the cards. Uninstalled the old drivers and restarted the computer. Then I shut it down and switched the cards. From there, I went to install drivers for it, and kept getting an error about no supported device found. Went through a bunch of stuff with that and found out it wasn't a driver problem. The card isn't being detected in the device manager. You know, that greyed out Unknown Audio Device, or whatever it says. There are absolutely no other found devices, which is why I had problems installing the drivers. I restarted the computer again, and tried the card in a different spot. This time, I was welcomed to an 800x600x8 screen and tons of reource conflicts, one of them being my video card (6800). And if that wasn't bad enough, I restarted again and the device manager showed TONS of uninstalled devices. Like 20 multimedia audio controllers, a pci host device and some others. It was at that point, that I was actually able to install the drivers. But it kept installing audio cards, like 20 of them. Restarted again and I still got resource errors.

I've tried the following so far ty try and get it to work.

Move the card in each of the free PCI slots.
Dissable all unused items in the BIOS(onboard sound, unused serial/parellel/sata/ect.
Upping the Aperture size from from 128 to 256(reported solving problems) and 64.
Reflashing the lattest motherboard BIOS.
Reinstalling chipset and video card drivers.
Reinstalling Windows XP SP3.
Tried with different windows installs on different drives.
Updating the resource table in the BIOS(I forget the name)

I've tried everything I could think of, it's just not seeing my card. There was one capacitor that looked bent on a 45 degree angle, the biggest one next to the main x-fi chip, but everything else looks ok. I would have put this in the audio section, but I think this is a bigger problem with the computer as a whole. Any help or suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

So did u reformat & reinstall or did u just reinstall windoze?

well, when i change cards i uninstall the drivers, remove the card, and then boot up again, so that Windoze uninstall the drivers properly, then put the new card in and install the drivers.

Have u contacted the guy who sold it to you, maybe he knows something that u don't :eek:

Back