• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Card? I hate to ask?

MNjosh

n00b
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
20
I am building a HTPC I am yanking my radeon 8500 AIW from my main puter and puting it into the HTPC. So I am searching for a card for my gaming puter because I am placing my old one in a HTPC. What I am looking for is a vidcard that performs without swallowing your pocketbook. That is I want to be able to play recent gamesbut I am not out for 3D marks. So basically a solid descent performer, no bells, no whistles, it just is. (Looking primarily for a sub $200 vidcard). I was peeking at the sapphire ATI boards. Any opinions/advice/etc give me a shout I am all ears. Just do not know where to start looking and what to look for. Thanks in advance.


Josh
 
I will help you if you promise not to say "puter" any more.
It sounds like slang for my favorite female orifice.

Get a 6600 GT, it is the only good card for less than $250.00.
 
6600 GT is best card sub $200. For a little more ($250-300)... you can get the 6800 NU and unlock all 16 pipes / OC it... but if you don't want to mess around with anything... the 6600 GT is definitely the best.
 
Another vote for the 6600GT. For that price, there's nothing better. Surprisingly powerful card for midrange, IMO.


u_95244
 
i think thats sorted then.

Nvidia 6 - 0 ATI as far as votes concerned :D

deffinately no better card in that price range.
 
6600GT definately.

The only other cards in the sub-$200 range worth considering would be the 9800 (saw a 256-bit pro listed on pricewatch for $175) or the 9600Pro/XT (100/150ish). The 6600GT is definately preferable to them but, if you don't really wanna drop $200, those are your options.
 
Back
Top