• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Camera; First Try At Macro; Thoughts? (Large Res Pics)

SirHarlock

Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2006
Messages
776
I jumped up from an old Sony that wrote to floppy diskettes (
ohmy.gif
) to the Canon Power-Shot SD1100 IS. Obviously it won't be as good at macro as more expensive stuff since it's compact and really a point-and-shoot, but it's got some nice options in manual mode and the macro works pretty good for what it is.

Anyway, I got the camera this afternoon and I've been fiddling with it, seeing what it does. I really like macro photography and nature, so I definitely want to try that tomorrow; however, as it is night time in Chicago now, I made due and found stuff inside to shoot!

All shot with ISO80 at 3264x2448:

Well, here's the link, photobucket won't resize here..
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v142/Cylex/Macro/

Let me know what you guys think and throw any suggestions you think I could benefit from.
cool.gif
 
Very nice :) Enjoy your new camera, and depending on your subject with macro try off center shots of it for composition, depending on what your shooting it can turn out looking better. (not in quality but looks)
 
Here's some more stuff I shot yesterday..

K701














Red Berries




I was looking for a fireside glow (hence the golden/orange whites) I think got just a little too much, but it's not that bad.
 
Back
Top