New Built System Doesn't start up

traveaso23

n00b
I just built a FX-53 940 PIN on an ASUS SK8V. I got the ECC Registered Ram, i have everything hooked up right. But when i start it i get nothin. Nothin activates the monitor to start it up. Also my Reset Switch on the case doesn't work it won't shut down the computer when i hold it in for 5 seconds like it used too on my old board. Please any help would be great.

1. I would check your Motherboard Case pins ie. the case wires for the POWER SW, RESET SW, PWR LED and HDD LED pins are properly connected to the motherboard.

If the PWR SW isn't properly connected, it will not turn on.

2. Check if the power cords to the motherboard is connected, see if the LED on the motherboard lights up when you turned on the switch on the power supply.

3. If your getting power and you can power on the computer, but still get nothing displaying or hear no error beeps turn it off, and check all the connections such as video card to AGP, and other stuff.

4. Take OFF the HSF and check your CPU, you might have crushed/broke/bent a few pins when you were installing the CPU. CPUs should almost always just fall right into place with no problems at all.

5. Get back to us if the above don't help.

It powers up and everything and the video card is fine. I just unhooked it and tried it on an 3200+ and it worked fine. The CPU did fall right into place i didn't even have to push down on it. Went right in with ease.

traveaso23 said:
It powers up and everything and the video card is fine. I just unhooked it and tried it on an 3200+ and it worked fine. The CPU did fall right into place i didn't even have to push down on it. Went right in with ease.

Are you saying you tried a 3200 in this machine and it worked? Or you took the board out and put a 3200 in and that worked?

im saying that i hooked up a totally new board in this case it an Asus A7NX8 Board with a 3200+ using the same HD, CDROM, Video Card, Hooked up the POWER SW, RESET SW, PWR LED and HDD LED that same way it tells me in the book and it starts right up fine. But with the FX-53 i get nothin there is power to the board. I unhook the Vid Card and put it back in. Checked all the wires. and still nothin

I just took the HSF off and checked the CPU there are no PINS BENT. They ar perfectly fine and straight.

Back