New Builder PC Specs

laxer3n7

n00b
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
9
I'm looking to build my first computer and I just want to make sure that I have everything that I need and that everything that I have will work. I will be buying from Newegg.

Case: Lian Li PC-60BPLUSII $129.99
Motherboard: EVGA NVDIA nForce 680i $249.99
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe $309.99
Video Card: EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS $419.99
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 $92.99 Not sure if I will get this or just use the onboard audio
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB $209.99 includes free 250GB drive
Memory: Corsair XMS2 2GB $292.00 (for non Dominator) $305.00 (for Dominator) not sure which one I will get looking for some recommendations
DVD Drive: (Samsung 18X with LightScribe)x2 $31.99 each
Power Supply: OCZ GameXStream 700W $149.99

The total system price is about $1900 plus or minus some.

Again any suggestions or recommendation (especially on the memory) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryce
 
If you'll be doing some extreme OC'ing, then go for the Dominator sticks. Otherwise, get a kit thats under $250. The egg has some nice g.skills for $210 that will work fine if all you want is 3.6Ghz... and they can most likely go higher. Everything else looks good.
 
With the $25 mail in rebate the OCZ power is only $124.99, I guess I just wanted to be safe especially with the 8800GTS.

I guess I will just go for the $292.00 Corsair plus $40 mail in rebate brings it down to $252.

Thanks already

Does anyone have any experience with just the onboard sound on the EVGA motherboard
?
 
Back
Top