New Build

Chilly

[H]ard|Gawd
okay, my friend will have about $5000CND spend in Feb 2006, so since were also gonna be roommates when we go to uni, I wanna make sure his PC is all top off the line for me to steal computer time off of :p, anyways AMD only, and I do realise the M2 socket will be out but due to personal prefrence I wanna stay S939 (after all I am in the S939 club :p) mainly due to the fact that at frist m2 will be an inmature socket. Also to note we will be transplanting his 300GB SATA NCQ HD and Optical Drive's as well as using his coolermaster stacker case so more money spent on more important stuff :p so heres whats planned so far basic specs

CPU: FX-60 Dual Core 2.8/2.6GHz *rumors say 100% dual core but its either 2.8 or a 2.6GHz proc due to conflicting reports* (hopefully overclocked to 3GHz at least :p)
RAM: 2GB of Ultra Low Enhanced Lantency (2 sticks of 1GB) PC3500-4000
SOUND: X-Fi Elite Pro

If we go ATi

MB: RD580 based crossfire motherboard
VID: 2x X18x00XT PE (x just in case the r580 refresh is out by then)

If we got nVidia

MB: ASUS A8N32 Deluxe
VID: 2x7800GTX512(or Ultra if refresh is out by then)

Sound good? everything else like case HD and Case is taken care of, am I missing anything?

Asking for future configs more than a month down the line is not wise, as new parts are always coming out that throw a wrench into the plans.

GForce64 said:
Asking for future configs more than a month down the line is not wise, as new parts are always coming out that throw a wrench into the plans.

Definitely. Wait until at least January before asking. :p

Back