New build

darkxmen

n00b
Joined
Jun 11, 2012
Messages
12
I have it down between a X79 set up and a Z77 set up. Which one should i go with? I am a ne Intel buyer, been with AMD for about 12 yrs. I mostly game, watch HD movies and regular day to day use of my pc. I also want to start Overclocking my PC, baby steps at first, so i need a good auto OC at first. looking at the ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 and its counter part on the Z77.
 
z77 with a i5 3570k all the way for what you plan to do with it. This is the hot setup right now for the price/performance/satisfaction. It would be much better if you search for reviews based on z77 and 3570k to get a feel for what they are capable of compared to everything else available right now. x79 is just overkill.
 
You might check out this review, it compares performance / efficiency of the 2700k, 3770k, 3570k. There's almost a $100 difference between 3570k and 2700k. Either way you'll love it, my angle is to get the best bang without spending the most money.
 
Back
Top