New Build

Friend of mine is looking to build a new machine for around $1000 budget. Wants to get into battlefield bad company 2 so would want it to run smooth. Just trying to get an idea of what he could get for that kind of budget. Would like to stay with a Intel based machine.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming and general computer useage.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Would like to stay at 1000 without shipping
3) Where do you live?
NC
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Will need a new case, motherboard, ram, graphics card hardrive, OS, Power supply
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Will be using old keyboard/mouse and LCD display.
6) Will you be overclocking? no
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have? 19 inch
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Soon
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc. None of these are required
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit? No, would need a new copy of an OS. Prefer 64 bit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast reply. I forgot to state that he wants to stick with an intel based machine. I've update the OP to reflect that.

Back