New Build

tys90

Gawd
Preface: I've built all my own computers and don't necessarily need a new computer but I know someone who could use my current computer if I get a new one so I'm thinking about building a newish one. I've given a large budget range but I basically want the greatest bang/buck in a system using overclocking.

I don't have the time anymore to do the thorough research I like to do so I'm asking for help. I'm not against buying used either, so if you suggest a used part put down est. price of the used part and please be realistic. Since my requirements are broad, I may throw in a little incentive for the person that comes up with a setup I like. Cheaper IS better if the performance is close.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

• Gaming 90%
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

• $700-1000
3) Where do you live?

• Iowa
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.

• Case and everything in it (no monitor, keyboard, etc)
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

• Reusing all my peripherals
6) Will you be overclocking?

• Yes, best bang/buck is what I want
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?

• Have a 22" and a 20"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

• Near future
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.

• Overclocking ability is #1, possible RAID #2, rest don't care
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?

• Yes, XP and Windows 7
I think that covers everything

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm once again looking at buying a computer, nothing has changed and I would appreciate the help

Back