Risant
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 19, 2004
- Messages
- 160
Been going back and forth on components I want for my next build and I've finally decided on what I'm getting, just have to wait a few days until some stuff clears financially and then I can pull the trigger on it.
Looking at:
ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3
Intel Core i5-2500K
CORSAIR H80 (Hoping to get some good overclocks)
ASUS VE276Q Black 27" 1920X1080 2ms Full HD HDMI
ASUS 24X DVD Burner -- Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM
Then I need to choose between:
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) or G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
Don't know if the extra speed would make much difference, but it doesn't cost too much more.
Then once I get my old hardware sold (already have a buyer) I plan on getting:
ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 (non-reference model)
Yes, I'm a sucker for the ASUS hardware, but it is reasonably priced and has good reviews.
Any idea what I may be able to expect? I may get an IB processor once those come out, part of the reason I went with the 2500k, great performance, but not too expensive
Looking at:
ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3
Intel Core i5-2500K
CORSAIR H80 (Hoping to get some good overclocks)
ASUS VE276Q Black 27" 1920X1080 2ms Full HD HDMI
ASUS 24X DVD Burner -- Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM
Then I need to choose between:
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) or G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
Don't know if the extra speed would make much difference, but it doesn't cost too much more.
Then once I get my old hardware sold (already have a buyer) I plan on getting:
ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 (non-reference model)
Yes, I'm a sucker for the ASUS hardware, but it is reasonably priced and has good reviews.
Any idea what I may be able to expect? I may get an IB processor once those come out, part of the reason I went with the 2500k, great performance, but not too expensive