• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Build - Regarding i5 4670K

bluejay505

n00b
Joined
May 31, 2013
Messages
19
Specifications:
Silverstone FT03B
ASRock Z87M Extreme 4
Intel Core i5-4670k
Corsair H80i
Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 32GB
Corsair Force GS 320GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HD
Silverstone Slot Load Blu-Ray
EVGA SC GTX 770 2GB
Corsair HX850w
Windows 8 64bit

Okay so I overclocked the CPU to 4.2ghz. All stable except one problem, it idles at 50c (not sure if that is fine) but using prime95, at full loads, it reaches 88c. I wanted to know if it's a common thing with Haswell or is it simply something else?

~Jay

Video of my new rig:

Computer Build
 
For water that may be a bit hot, specially at idle.
 
Before I ask, I know this is a VERY silly question but it happened to a friend of mine that did a build awhile ago. Is the Block/pump plugged into a power source (can't remember if Corsair uses a 3/4 pin connector or a molex connector)? My friend got one of the H100s for his i7 3770k, and forgot to plug in the block, and it idled pretty high because of it. I know its kinda farfetched, but I figure its at least worth asking.
 
Before I ask, I know this is a VERY silly question but it happened to a friend of mine that did a build awhile ago. Is the Block/pump plugged into a power source (can't remember if Corsair uses a 3/4 pin connector or a molex connector)? My friend got one of the H100s for his i7 3770k, and forgot to plug in the block, and it idled pretty high because of it. I know its kinda farfetched, but I figure its at least worth asking.

Haha, nah..everything is plugged in correctly. Corsair link states pump is working correctly, aswell as the fans.
 
The corsair paste is fairly good. What voltage are you running at? I would try re seating the heatsink (cleaning and applying new tim). And of course triple check every wire.
 
The corsair paste is fairly good. What voltage are you running at? I would try re seating the heatsink. And of course triple check every wire.

Stock voltage, I'm reseating as we speak.

EDIT: I did implement some of the settings from this guide. I know It's intended for Ivy/Sandy Bridge but it shouldn't be much different. Overclocking Guide
 
Back
Top