New build problem with SSD/Windows7

Specs:

i5-4670
Z87MX-D3H
16 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
120GB Sandisk Ultra SSD SDSSDH-120G-G25
2TB Western Digital Mainstream Classic Wdbh2d0020hnc
Corsair CX750M

After putting everything together, I installed Windows 7 and everything went smooth.
Restarted computer and put in install CD for motherboard drivers.
When loading drivers was finished, restarted computer(as prompted by installer).

Edit:
I also didnt know if I should post there here or somewhere else. So if it is in the wrong spot, just let me know and I will start a new thread.
Computer posts, but wont boot into Windows. Hangs at loading screen then BSOD after about a minute.
After restarting, computer will post, but goes to a screen saying there is no boot drive, to insert media and press any key to continue.
Restarting and entering the BIOS will reward with either the motherboard recognizing the SSD or not, usually not, and if it does its an endless loop of the above.

But, if I dont install the chipset drivers, there is no problem.
No, I dont have the BSOD error because I cant get into windows to make it so it doesnt automatically restart on BSOD.

Last edited:
Did you install Windows with the SSD connected by itself?

Are the drives on your system set on IDE or AHCI?

Have you tried installing Windows onto the HDD (to confirm whether or not the problems lie with the SSD)?

Assuming you could regain access to the SSD:

- Can you obtain the most current motherboard drivers (including the BIOS/UEFI) from the Web?

- Could you find and update the latest SSD firmware online?

(I don't have a clear answer for you, so I'm asking follow-up questions to determine whether the problems lie with the SSD or the motherboard.)

Did you install Windows with the SSD connected by itself?

I didnt try it this way, but I can.

Are the drives on your system set on IDE or AHCI?

AHCI

Have you tried installing Windows onto the HDD (to confirm whether or not the problems lie with the SSD)?

Yes, and it doesnt give me any problems.

Assuming you could regain access to the SSD:

- Can you obtain the most current motherboard drivers (including the BIOS/UEFI) from the Web?

I was thinking about doing this, but figured I would check here first to see if anyone else had this problem. I was just going to reformat, reinstall and use the new drivers on a USB key. I would think that they wouldnt send out drivers that tank your build from the factory. But then again....

- Could you find and update the latest SSD firmware online?

Ive never done this, but if its straight forward, Im sure I could probably do it from this computer.

(I don't have a clear answer for you, so I'm asking follow-up questions to determine whether the problems lie with the SSD or the motherboard.)

Thank you for taking the time to ask those questions. I did the best I could to keep it short and to the point when I mad my initial post.

Back