OlIv0rIolI
Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 2, 2005
- Messages
- 634
Hi I have a new build for a friend and it is not working
This is the parts list
intel q8300
gigabyte p35-dq6
ocz ram 4*1gb ddr2 800
7900gs
corsair 550w ps
I press the power button and it turns on and 1 sec later it turns off and it will repeately do this on and off. To shut if off I have to switch the PS off.
When I disconnected the power to the cpu but kept the power to the motherboard, it will stay on.
The ram and gpu are not the problem because I used them in another pc before. Same with the mobo, but during installation I was unplugging something and hit the tower heatsink and the mobo really hard, so I don't know if that could of damaged it.
What could be causing this problem, please help
This is the parts list
intel q8300
gigabyte p35-dq6
ocz ram 4*1gb ddr2 800
7900gs
corsair 550w ps
I press the power button and it turns on and 1 sec later it turns off and it will repeately do this on and off. To shut if off I have to switch the PS off.
When I disconnected the power to the cpu but kept the power to the motherboard, it will stay on.
The ram and gpu are not the problem because I used them in another pc before. Same with the mobo, but during installation I was unplugging something and hit the tower heatsink and the mobo really hard, so I don't know if that could of damaged it.
What could be causing this problem, please help